Upcoming changes to the Public Roblox Forum

Couldn’t agree more.

5 Likes

Personally quite happy with this change. Although I do feel sorry for those who got over 100,000 posts they’ll have to live with it and move on.

7 Likes

Shutting down the forums will affect groups as they are unable to post rules, notices, and many others. The group overhaul I do expect to fix this hopefully. I do think shutting down the forums is for the better.

8 Likes

YESYESYES THANK YOU FOR REMOVING THAT TOXIC POOL!!

Regardless, my only concern is LMaD and C&G, can there be a group AND trade revamp to accommodate this removal? I’ll be making a thread about my idea for the trade page, which I’ll update here with the link.

But yeah, archive the forums. Memories were made there and I want to relive them.

14 Likes

I hope for the love of god the forums itself stay archived. I have many discussions and threats that are somewhat dear to me.

6 Likes

You should find and save these discussions if you want to keep them.

4 Likes

Quite unfortunate. That’s going to be a hell load of copying.

6 Likes

Should of revamped the forums like you guys wanted for like…ever now rather than closing them down. Regardless of the toxicity, the forums did have their use for discussions here and there. With people publicly. NBC users have limited group slots. This isn’t good for discussion.

7 Likes

I feel like my upcoming trade idea will suffice.

4 Likes

Post them here too, as well as screeenshots so we can preserve some memories:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-forum-nostalgia-thread/63637

4 Likes

The censorship of Roblox goes too far in many ways these days. Expressing your opinion becomes harder by the day. Removing the public forums is another decision I’m not entirely for. But still, I only saw the sunny side. For aspiring developers (who are not part of this devforum) however it was a position to ask questions about certain techniques some use to do whatever you intend on making/scripting.

But still, certain spaghetti haired immature ones make it bad for everyone.

10 Likes

A trading community now that the forums are shutting down HMMMM $$$$

3 Likes

RIP using latest posts while browsing on the dev forum

edit: Thank you @jjwood1600

7 Likes

You can mute the bulletin board! :smiley:

5 Likes

They say they plan on considering a new Forum system.

Hopefully it’s very similar to this one.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be here/have done anything besides being a simple Roblox player if it weren’t for the forums

however I’m inclined to believe the removal of the public forums goes back to moderation, it takes intense resources that isn’t always available with a crowd that simply cannot be tamed.

even with all the safety measures put in place, the moderation still slacked because of the pure quantity of forum breaking activity located on the forums.

7 Likes

I hope roblox sets up another discourse forum that disables image uploading/embeds, has a whitelist link filter, and would work to replace the old one. Since discourse has built in anti-spam, similar topic checking, and community flagging, though i think people would abuse that.

9 Likes

At the moment Roblox even censors ‘Well’ at the start of a sentence. Forums might not go hand in hand there.

10 Likes

We all knew it was going to happen eventually. Its fine imo, I never found it necessary to use the forums and I Roblox can live without them.

4 Likes

May those forums rot.

6 Likes