Set duration of ad campaign

As a developer, it is difficult to “bump” your game to new players in order to quickly test a new experience or other changes. Sometimes you just need a group of players who have never played your game before. It’s also frustrating to run any duration of ad campaign longer than 24 hours, as you will have to continuously bid on your ads every day.

the mandatory 24 hour runtime of ads limits the flexibility of discovery efforts and prevents the advertising system from being used at full efficiency.

It can be extraordinarily desirable for a developer to place a high bid on new players right in this instant, in which case they may wish to bid on a ton on impressions for only one hour. Larger studios may have dedicated advertising budgets, in which case they would be able to more effectively deploy ad campaigns over a duration as long as a week, or more. It would be as simple as dividing an ad’s bid by its runtime duration.

Flexible ad schedules are a small feature which would grant developers more control over the discoverability of their game.

123 Likes

+1

If any Roblox devs are reading this, the ad system backend is written in such a way that it would be relatively trivial to support ads that run for 5 or 10 minutes instead of 24 hours.

56 Likes

I’m conflicted. On one hand this would be great, on the other I can see this potentially oversaturating peak hours and making them practically useless for smaller studios/developers.

7 Likes

I think the inverse is also true: non-peak hours would be unsaturated, giving smaller studios/developers a better window to get players into their game.

8 Likes

Honestly this is an great idea especially if we could set when the ads run, I usually like to advertise after 6pm, so I could set it to 6 pm until 6 am or something like that. So when the most people are on school or asleep I don’t waist roblux advertising in that time period

Non-peak hours aren’t peak for a reason. I get your point though. I suppose I worry about it making the advertising system useless for new/rising/etc developers and studios.

1 Like

The beautiful thing about the ad system is that it’s an auction. So the ad space will sell for what it is worth.

If a time window is less valuable, people will not bid as much for it.

6 Likes

That would add a lot of interesting dynamics to this tutorial

1 Like