Upcoming Game Server Test

Not necessarily. The post clearly states:

This means that they will be using the system to test the 200 player servers, not updating the system itself. Ads wouldn’t be as easy as taking over the game page

3 Likes

And when someone leaves (or get disconnected bec his wifi crashes, …)?

2 Likes

Obviously roblox can’t force everyone to stay in the game. Then again, it’ll be easy to find the game since it’ll have a good player count and friends may join it.

I want to know how much is going into advertising.

Well, where is the link to the game if we want to participate?

Using the sponsored system for a short duration to fill a test server is an excellent idea! Developers could benefit enormously from this functionality if we were able to set the duration of ads/sponsorships instead of being prohibitively limited by the 24 hour duration

31 Likes

I hope this goes really well. My parlor did great with 200 Players. During the live op event.

1 Like

Link to this testing game please? I can’t find it anywhere.

6 Likes

I strongly agree with this point, being restricted to 24 hours per ad is quite inconvenient and could save developers lots of time by implementing this cool feature.

1 Like

They have not stopped Sponors yet. I don’t think it’s out yet.

1 Like

One possibility is that they’re actually using PST instead of PDT, which is the current time zone of San Mateo. Not sure why they’d do that.

edit: i see u coef :eyes:

7 Likes

It’s 1:10 pm PST so your right. Plus they said “PST”

Am I allowed to know what game this would take place in?

Thing is, PST isn’t currently observed anywhere due to daylight savings. Most time conversion websites automatically switch it to the currently observed timezone.

edit: if you want to bypass the auto-switch, here’s a working link: Pacific Standard Time - Time.is

6 Likes

I’d assume they mean PT, since it makes no sense to use PST during this time of year. Maybe they’ve been planning this since before daylight savings and just forgot to switch it.

4 Likes

ok, but will the sponsoring start again?

This will be fun to expirience. Can’t wait to see what happens when the roblox community fills a 200 players server :smile:

1 Like

After they have finished testing then yes.

In the past they have. I’m pretty sure they will.

2 Likes

yes, but topic say, that this game will stop being sponsored, when 200 players join, so will it be sponsored again when someone leave?