[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

As I stated in my original response; we all know

This is in reference to the class-action lawsuits of copyright negligence, I won’t push any further than that; however it’s hard to create a system that removes the possibility of copyright bypass.

4 Likes

They may never be able to completely stop bypassed audio from slipping through, but they definitely need to give the concerns of copyright infringement more attention, even if the likelihood of being sued in the future doesn’t decrease by doing so.

2 Likes

I think Roblox should be a good sponsor with NCS and Spinnin records from the licensed songs.

3 Likes

I was initially very critical but I now appreciate this change and don’t mind it, it was actually fairly easy to source my own audio. The only disturbance was moving personal audio and re-uploading it to groups.

2 Likes

I hate how the changes we’re stuck with for now look incomplete and at this point it seems I would understand the speculated reason (for halting the ability to distribute audio) much more if they didn’t say it was temporary. The fact that they said so may have gotten our hopes up but it still seems very confusing (or maybe they’re lying to us and that the “agreement” prevents them from re-enabling public audio, but I’ll be glad if that’s not the case). Despite their efforts I still feel we’re being left in the dark over what they’re doing because for now it looks redundant to upload audio due to the strict limit and the fact uploaders can’t choose to distribute them everywhere right now (not even sound effects!), and some creators might not be satisfied with Roblox’s audio including the questionable assets from Pro Sound Effects.

2 Likes

Why weren’t we told that Roblox limits how much audio a game can have granted?

Roblox caps the viewing for accepted audio at 200 in the View Audios plugin that Roblox provided. When I’ve published my games with 200-300 audios with in-game objects, for every new granted audio Id added- an older authorized audio Id gets knocked off the granted list.

Is this another flaw with Roblox failing to do Quality Assurance tests, or is this intentional?

5 Likes

That is strange. Can you check if Roblox-owned audio are exempt from that limit? Because for some reason I believe they are trying to get more Roblox-owned audio into experiences even though many creators supposedly have not cooperated with that and instead dealt with the new audio upload system; or they could have simply rushed the plugin and privatizing the majority of audio on schedule may have been their priority at the time.

3 Likes

It works with Roblox published audio, I checked with a game with about 210 sounds; I checked with a script to show the total number of sounds. I think it has to do with User Generated Audio.

4 Likes

I wish that things will improve in the future, such as them re-enabling more sound effects and eventually allowing many audio assets to be manually set between private and public. I have no idea why audio that is already public can’t manually be made private, as that defeats the purpose of what they say the changes are about.

2 Likes

I agree. I have just reached the limit of how many audio files I can upload and it’s extremely annoying. It would be very nice to have additional audio uploads for premium members, as well as the ability to purchase more audio through the old robux system should we hit the limit.

1 Like

Unfortunately some devs speculate the audio upload fee was mentioned in the lawsuit and that it would not be coming back in any way.

I’m really certain that the strict upload limit is also to get devs to switch to using Roblox’s audio. If they can’t re-enable the upload fee or allow unlimited audio uploads (which may require the publishing of audio to be limited when (and if) they re-enable the ability to publish audio), then the upload limit should definitely be changed to allow more creativity on the developers’ end, maybe to 10 uploads a day (with no way to extend it at all) instead of 10 uploads a month and requiring developers to be 13+ with verified ID to upload more per month.

1 Like

Question. I’m a music creator and got my own song that I created and have all rights to taken down for copyright. How can we fix this?

Thanks.

1 Like

The reply above might hopefully explain the situation a bit.

I’d like to know how Roblox plans to prove ownership :rofl: I can post a link to my Roblox account on my Spotify account :man_shrugging:

The song that was taken down wasn’t on Spotify or any other streaming platform yet when this happened. I planned to debut it in my experience. Not sure how it triggered any filters, unless it was the sample I flipped from splice.

Whatevs. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. This puts a pause on my big ole future plans to give folks in my experience early exclusive access to songs of mine not released yet.

1 Like

Well, there is an option for ‘‘Share with all Experiences’’ but that seems to be turned off… ‘‘Check back at a later date’’… It’s been almost a month now since this update came out, and yet it’s still not working. Disgraceful.

2 Likes

I have been successful in adapting to a few other Roblox changes such as the legacy physics solver removal but the fact they say the inability to share audio with all games is only temporary is literally making me scream in my head because I don’t know if they’re lying or not (hopefully they’ll work their way around this speculated lawsuit stuff and let most of us get back on track).

2 Likes

Yeah, the lawsuit probably has something to do with it.

I actually just verified my account on the premise of getting more audio uploads. Even if the idea of preventing the upload of audio is to get devs to switch over to Roblox audio, the type of audio that I am doing right now is a voice-over, which obviously isn’t in the Roblox catalog.

1 Like

So. Any updates as to making your OWN SOUNDS PUBLIC or radio silence as usual? This is getting annoying. I’m sure this has been beat to death but what’s the point in free uploads if we can’t even use the things. Like saying “yeah you got mugged but at least they left you the change in your wallet.”

7 Likes

I think their comms are broken just like them servers they got. Plus when aren’t they going radio silent on features like this.

1 Like

I can’t even make a half second audio of a Boeing fire bell public. I figured they’d allow <6 second audio to be public at the time but I guess that’s not true. This is an absolute dumpster fire.

1 Like