[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

It’s great to see roblox respond to community feedback & criticism, I’m still unsure how this will effect games, but the new SFX sounds that are being produced will definitely be useful.

IDK, but maybe that will be possible after the ‘temporary pause’ on setting permissions.

One could argue it’s the community’s fault, but not really.

A lot of children don’t understand these things, therefore Roblox itself brought this mindset onto itself, it’s a vicious cycle.

If action had been taken way earlier, maybe the idea of “game development” would actually consider innovation as a key element.

But economically speaking this doesn’t matter, so that’s one way to do business (that is if it’s just heavy inspiration and not stolen assets), even though morally it’s a gray area and I agree.

Permissions don’t appear to be paused, the options are live right now.

1 Like

This is a very specific accommodation for the 22nd deadline. The full privacy features are not out yet.

Alright I’m making this post to hopefully clear some theories about the audio upload limit. I do not know how to actually increase the audio upload limit, I’m just giving my account as a example of the audio limit
(Also assuming roblox didn’t just randomly give everybody a random upload limit)

I currently have 2000 uploads per month with the following :

1. No Premium Account, I’ve never had a premium account either
  2. No DevEx, I haven’t reached the required amount earned
  3. No Beta Program, I didn’t even knew it existed til reading this topic
  4. My Roblox Account was Created in 2016
  5. I almost have 600k Total Place Visits (maybe limit based on Visits?)
  6. My account is NOT Age Verified (meaning I didn’t show any ID)

———————————————————————————————
Based on my information (and again assuming we didn’t just get random limits) the audio upload limit is possibly based on :

ID Verification (because it’s mentioned to increase audio limit to 100)
Account Age - Maybe older accounts have higher limits?
Total Place Visits - Maybe more visits have higher limits.

Below are some pictures showing my account age, audio upload limits etc in case anybody thinks I’m lieing about my info

(These pictures were taken on mobile as I’m currently writing this post on my iPad, meaning I can’t use inspect element as there’s no such thing on mobile)

No Premium as there’s no icon next to my name (can’t really prove that I never had premium before so your just gonna have to believe me)

Account Created on 2016 and 600k Total Place Visits

No DevEx as I have not met the requirements yet

Havent Verified my Age with an ID

Total 2000 Uploads per month (I all ready did some uploads so it’s not exactly 2000)

So with the information I’ve provided, hopefully we can all have a better idea of how the upload audio limit is calculated. I also would like to know how I’m able to have 2k uploads per month.

3 Likes

My sentiments exactly. It looks like their hands are tied, but their insistence on acting like that isn’t the case is slightly patronizing, to say the least.

The way this has been handled has been terrible, I’d have appreciated some transparency as far as why this was so rushed and poorly thought out.

4 Likes

Hey! Me too :confused: I cant even get past the question where it asks for your birthday.

The thing that makes me really annoyed at this is that for users who haven’t verified their age, the limit for uploading audio is 10 per month. This screws over me, as despite being nearly an adult, I don’t have an ID or a phone to verify with… Sooo that really makes it a lot harder to develop.

Have you read the post I made? I’m able to have 2000 uploads a month without verifying my age
(I only spent half an hour writing it lol)

Huh… well all the other sources I read said non-verified users would only be able to upload 10 audios per month.

1 Like

I think you are missing the point. I’m not telling them to release all of the future privacy features for asset types, I am asking if/when we will be given the ability to allow group assets to be used by specific games. This has not been touched on and I am requesting a response from Roblox.

It has been touched on that its not available yet and won’t be ready before the 22nd.

The options are available on the website right now. I am not asking for the features to be available now, I am asking if the feature that I need is going to be implemented in the future or not.

1 Like

Question regarding asset permissions. Will you be able to add IDs that are owned by others to your experience and will you be able to use / play only the IDs that are added to your experience?

My account was created in 2014, but has near-to-none place visits.
I think they do take into account account age, but only if it passes a place visit threshold (probably to prevent people getting into old, forgotten accounts and upload tons of audio?).

It is March 17th, 2022, UTC. Today is when all audio on Roblox has been and at least has started to go private on the Roblox website.

Why were we not informed of this deadline change? It still shows March 22nd as the timeframe that this update will go out, and for that is when all the audios will become private.

2 Likes

Woah wait, huh? Where’s this coming from? Do you have an example of where it’s gone private? My stuff still works.

Private* not removed of in-game usage. Tons of audio is off-sale now.

2 Likes

Oh, I wasn’t aware of that. Strange. Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like