[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

That’s because the automatic launch is botched. Audios still work completely fine if they’re private - I don’t think its intentional.

Something is broken

6 Likes

Worse than just that, Roblox seems to have inadvertently nuked the entire marketplace. Highly expecting a database rollback later. Be prepared for site maintenance later…

1 Like

The hard limit of 10, 100, 2000/month (to which we still do not know the criteria of who got what limits) is still a pain for many developers whose games highly depend on audio and SFX. Hopefully, the survey form will ease the strain from many developers who are stuck in a brick wall essentially blocking them from migrating many sounds so games don’t go completely silent. Also, day 0 of the new update, looking forward to seeing many games get broken because of this update.

2 Likes

The Plugins and Meshes category seems to be functioning properly (for me at least). The rest of the categories just show an empty list.

2 Likes

I think studio is just bugged because that was the same with models.

yes, i find 10 a month is too small, they should raise it to 25

Roblox removed free models

The whole market place has got deleted

2 Likes

the limit sucks, i need to upload like 120 audios but I ONLY GOT 10

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m also having a hard time. But I guess we all have to deal with it.

Why are Roblox sounds in private? Aren’t Roblox sounds supposed to be usable? I’m confused.

1 Like

I’m not super scripting inclined, but a potential band-aid fix for the audio uploads limit could be to upload multiple sound effects within a single audio file and play back the audio from timestamps. Apologies if this isn’t possible, but I figured it’s worth mentioning.

4 Likes

I hate this update can’t even use emergency vehicle sirens any more rip roleplay games

It’s a disorganized mess for the purpose of dodging a lawsuit…but I wonder if next they’ll go after scripts that weren’t programmed by the game creator but instead inserted (such as free models), instead of simply keeping the warning message that you currently get when inserting a free model with scripts.

1 Like

Congratulations ROBLOX, you just made likely half of the playerbase gone.

Roblox screwed up this is not ok i’m moving to steam!

2 Likes

Ok, hear me out but I think everyone including me overreacted.
Every audio not made by roblox or over 6 seconds will he private but you can still USE the id’s. They were never deleted

They are liers they said they where only deleting all audio over 6 seconds and not deleting the ones they created guess what it’s worse then that the whole entire marketplace is gone

Thats a glitch, check your audio inventory. Nothing is gone, its just some things were taken down due to copyright and you can still use the sound id’s. Sure it may be limeted but there are some decent roblox audios that exist

1 Like

There is nothing to use …