[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

At this point, everyone is overreacting because they already said that its only gonna affect music, and its not gonna affect sound effects. I was originally very angry about this update because I didn’t want to lose all sound effects over 6 seconds, but now its only music we are losing. Also, the music is still on roblox and I can still play them. This means you could just download them and reupload, so the people who are complaining after this still try actually looking at the sounds please. All you are losing is music, which you can just download by editing the html. If you need music that you have to replace then just use marketplace audio.

Have you heard of a glitch? Its a bug considering every audio is now private

1 Like

well they lied

They took everything away

I think the marketplace is glitched right now because It worked this morning, but now its invisible. I used it this morning definitely

1 Like

Yeah! But almost every UGC audio I have now is offsale. Look at mine!

1 Like

We’re aware of the marketplace issues for other asset types and working on it.

9 Likes

If you right click the play button on the audio, you can find a link to the audio file. You can open that in a new tab then save as an mp3 or ogg file to your computer. Don’t use this to steal tho

You can use the id’s still its just private

2 Likes

Yea I have a audio that I didnt replace yet but it still works so it annoys me that I might of wasted my time replacing all my audio

I would also like to know what the upload limits requirements are

Cause I wonder why I have 2000 uploads per month even though I haven’t verified, I made a post about it here

1 Like

This audio update sucks it is a aboulute pain to upload anything now for games everything i try to upload gets copyrighted

2 Likes

Although I have audio IDs, it doesn’t mean that I can still play them at all. Within today, all UGC audios longer than 6 seconds will be privated, and all games using those sounds will be silent at the moment so IDs will be pointless by this time.

it must be the place visits because I have the same things except my account was created in 2017, but I don’t have 600k place visits; it only gives me 10 uploads.

Those aren’t getting copyrighted they are getting moderated. Roblox probably doesn’t like the loud noise, and thinks they are audio pollution files. Also Roblox moderation has always been broken as heck.

1 Like

Goes i will have to take police siren sounds rom GTA V because roblox thinks it’s copyright

I have to ask, is it intentional that the privated song IDs are still working in our games, or is it just because the update hasn’t released yet? I’ll be extremely glad if it is on purpose.

That’s unusual. Copyrighted audio are suppose to look like this (Removed for copyright) - Roblox.

How are games even meant to function with this stupid update? This roblox update is really annoying me right now

1 Like

Games are not meant to work. That is the purpose of the matter. Roblox has always been harassing its developers and will continue to do so :+1:

5 Likes

They function because this update is only removing the music, and most sound effects are not removed anyway. Most games will just not have music.