[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Why roblox?
how is this abusing your terms of use it’s a siren

1 Like

Why do I need to grant access for audios uploaded by me in my own game? This is just unnecessary at this point.

7 Likes

Is there any way to verify my age without the automated age verification system? I’ve went through roblox support a couple times and said that my government-issued ID doesn’t have a photo and I can’t use my school ID which does have a photo. Both times I’ve just gotten "Please read the article on age verification for more information, which doesn’t help at all. Many sound effects and songs in my game have been turned private and I can’t deal with this 10 audio uploads a month system, but I also don’t have a photo ID so I can’t do anything about it.

This audio isn’t the only instance of this stuff happening, I’m unable to use a bunch of audios despite said audios being less than 6 seconds along, along with more audios uploaded by the Roblox account. I’m not even sure where I should be posting this cause as far as I’m aware there’s no official announcement or anything telling us that the changes have/are going through atm.

3 Likes

So i cant grant permission for my game to use the audio in it because I’m not authorized to do so? I am trying to grant permission with the account I made the game on, and yet it says I don’t have permission???

6 Likes

We are not losing only music in any capacity. Roblox is not going to be able to restore any sort of substantial fraction of sound effects for it to matter whatsoever and years upon years upon years of audio is being obliterated from the catalog, likely ruining legacy games with inactive developers permanently for the time being. Developers are being forced to go through every single game they have ever made and replace all affected audios individually by hand. The issue at hand here is far, far larger than that and developers are very reasonably angry at the ridiculous implementation of this change.

6 Likes

you need to own the audio lol. Stupid udpate

3 Likes

10 audio uploads per month is not enough to do all of that

3 Likes

This is a bug as they are currently rolling out the update (I think) in addition to the creator marketplace being down. I’ve been getting that same error for audio I uploaded and using in my own games.

2 Likes

Over the past two weeks I made sure that every single sound effect and song in my important games were allowed to be used and the plug in verified all of them. After the update launched though there were 9 sound effects that were blocked from me being allowed to use them even though the “View Sounds” plug in said that I should have permission to use them. Almost all of these sounds are less than 6 seconds long and uploaded by other users, but the ones that were longer than 6 seconds were sounds that I uploaded myself and I am still getting denied permission to use. I even have 2 sounds less than 6 seconds which I uploaded myself and I am not allowed to use. What is this?

This is not what was promised during the update and all of these sound effects are crucial to my game functioning. Why are these sound effects disabled if I uploaded them or they were less than 6 seconds?

7 Likes

I have roughly 250+ audios in my game, the plugin said that all audios were fine. I come to find out today, that isn’t the case. Roughly 15 audios broke and I don’t have sufficient permissions to allow them. Definitely doesn’t seem like what was promised to us.

5 Likes

it happened…
1px

1 Like

The way Roblox treats developers over this change is absolutely appalling. It makes me furious.

First, all they give us is a very limited functioning tool to search for copyrighted audio in game, which is extremely painful as a developer with multiple games with hundreds of SFX. Someone who doesn’t have scripting experience finding hundreds of copies of audio in parts have to go change every single one by hand.

Second, giving us little overhead to prepare for this. Roblox has only given us 1 week to re-upload audio and do this, which is limiting considering how Roblox gives many developers only 10 slots a month while having to fulfill hundreds of broken sound.

Third, a download sound data bug on the day of release. My game has stopped playing sound even after making the necessary edits.

Fourth, the way Roblox makes us grant permissions for each sound one by one, using a very unintuitive strategy of clicking every single error in the output across many different places gives me a massive headache.

Roblox, clean up your clown act. You’re a company worth billions. You’re not just hurting your developers, but yourself.

19 Likes

Don’t publish your games if you haven’t already… the audio files are still working for me, but studio, as with everyone else, has zero results is toolbox, and file which should run, taken from roblox, don’t run… its a cluster … just checked again… nope, audio is gone

1 Like

Roblox has just made the best update in a decade, no kidding.

First, they completely private the whole library which sends a nuke to almost all games.

Second, they only give us only one week to replace our audio with garbage with the hilarious garbage limit. And yet Roblox expects us to replace 1000 audios with a simple 10 per month.

Third, They did not even try fixing the old games. Did you just notice that? It will all error and go SILENT. Just like the libraries. You’re forced silent.

Best update Roblox. Best one.

6 Likes

The last I saw it was worth 38B

a billion dollar company can’t even increase the audio limit? That’s very very hard. We have to suffer bro.

1 Like

I don’t know when but pretty soon I assume we will be able to make our own audio public or private. So hopefully when that happens the owner of the audio makes it public. Although some audio creators\uploaders will be inactive, and we will have to replace it with something else unfortunately.

1 Like

The WORST update to plague Roblox.

3 Likes

We can just download the audio and reupload it. As long as we can still listen to the audio its still savable