[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I’m confused as to why all audio above the red line, have been softlocked to “Specific usage”, where I must manually add placeID’s of where I want my audio to be used, while all below are set to “Universal usage”?

Shouldn’t the audio, even when softlocked to “Specific usage”, still work in all games within my group, no matter if placeID’s are provided? I find it strange to have to manually add placeID’s of games within my group, to audio directly uploaded to my group.

Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

Good bye soliders. It was an honor fighting with you. But at the end, Roblox won. This update has officially shipped. It was an honor serving and fighting for the correct cause o7

10 Likes

I’ve finished replacing the sound effects that are over 6 seconds long, but now I need to replace even more sound effects that are removed as of right now

1 Like

You can’t listen to audio anymore, I tried.

2 Likes

We lost the war. All because of a lawsuit that ended. no hope, moving to unity

5 Likes

You can’t. If you attempt to download it via assetdelivery it’ll just return this:

{“errors”:[{“code”:1,“message”:“User is not authorized to access Asset.”}]}

1 Like

It has begun… :worried:

10 Likes

Strange issue here where sounds that weren’t picked up by the plugin are still being blocked.

More confused because one of these is an APM song.

Also, attempting to grant permission throws this a lot of the time:

7 Likes

they removed the play button. I’m sorry guys. I didn’t know it did this too. It wasn’t doing this crap this morning

1 Like

I visited a few (Unpopular) games and some sounds still work but more of them don’t work than the ones do work.

1 Like

This update is not only the worst but is also breaking Studio, Roblox set itself on mute, this update is a real bulsheet.

10 Likes

I change my mind. This update is horrible if we can’t find music because its hidden, and we can’t use music we own because of a bug.

No more boombox music :pensive:

25 Likes

UMMMMM SOMEBODY EXPLAIN WHATS GOING ON
I replaced all the audio in my game and the audio plugin said everything has a blue checkmark
BUT THEN WHAT IS THIS

but for some reason my players are telling me that they can hear all the music as if nothing has happened pls help
(I’m scared to open roblox studio in case it gets worse)

4 Likes

I know, they removed the play button I’m sad now.

2 Likes

They’re removing so many sound effects for copyright, making us having to work even more harder to fix our games. First they make it so sounds over 6 seconds can’t play, now we need to replace any of the sounds that got removed for copyright. I have around 10+ sound effects gone from my game after I’ve replaced the ones that’s over 6 seconds, now I have to go back to fixing it… Again…

Edit: Those 10+ sound effects are all working again, it’s probably some bug from Roblox

Screenshot 2022-03-22 151021

id 9073898550
Thats my song that I made, and was working this morning. It only fails to load when its played for some reason, and acts as if it loaded anyway. It isn’t playing the song either, so idk if sound service is down for all music not owned by roblox or if its copyrighted somehow. They really need to fix this because this means even owned songs might not play. The only sounds that work now are ones owned by roblox now, or are less than 6 seconds.

3 Likes

Why roblox???

4 Likes

Roblox, we can’t believe you’ve done this

2 Likes

All the audio that I uploaded over the past week to fix my game no longer works as of 1 hour ago, THANKS ROBLOX

2 Likes