[Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

After reading this. This is a good step in the right direction and alleviated some of my fears on some of the games I play and made it a lot more clear. And also alleviated about some sfx longer than 6 seconds.

1 Like

as much as this makes it clearer Iā€™m still disappointed in the amount of time it took for this to get a true response and not one-off forum staff responses.

I feel like you should elaborate on this; did you hardlock it to 100 for everyone? because Iā€™m seeing people still with over 1000 and I only get 100 with ID verification.

1 Like

These assets will be available for public use in the marketplace tonight ,

Since the audios are allowed to be use for the public (more than likely for roblox exclusively) am I allowed to reupload those audios on my roblox account, rather it be edited or non edited?

3 Likes

Maybe the 2000 limit was given out in random to see the average audio usage between developers?

2 Likes

Is it possible for you guys to like make the system for finding these Sound FX much easier then it is right now? Like add more advanced searches such as ā€œMost Popularā€, ā€œRecentā€ or much more you guys can think of. Like the system already for searching for audio is already as hard, like I go onto Roblox search for Robloxā€™s Sound FX or Music and itā€™s already just difficult to find that right music because you guys name them so odd.

2 Likes

Well still having any update, i understand for improved anytime for problems! Mostly im recommand audio update having music or they can, think about public all audios imagine there updated better changes having community unprivated

1 Like

Please have some transparency. If this was really about protecting the rights of creators, there would not be a need for this intense timeline. This only makes sense if itā€™s about protecting the interests of music rightsholders and protecting yourself from legal action, but without any communication all we can do is speculate. The lack of transparency makes it hard to put trust in the company and makes the relationship between developers and the company feel sterile and much less comfortable than it used to be.

17 Likes

This doesnā€™t really tell us why some people have 2K audios per month though.

I have 2K Audios but I canā€™t DevEx, I donā€™t have a Verified ID, and I donā€™t have a Premium Subscription (Iā€™ve had $5 subscription once before). Iā€™ve heard it has something to do with the Roblox Beta Program (which I am in) so that might explain why(?)

6 Likes

Thanks for the clarification and update. Itā€™s a shame that we couldnā€™t have had more time to get our audios backed up and re-uploaded. But you can understand why.

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m in the ROBLOX Beta Program too, but it seems I can only get 10 uploads per month. Iā€™ve bought Builderā€™s Club (at the time) once before and have been active on the platform for over 5+ years.

I wish we didnā€™t just get 10 per month though, as that seems unfairly low compared to the 100 that ID verified people get per month. Even 50 per month would be better than that.

It could be that the 2000 audio thing was given to random users as a test, but I donā€™t see why they couldnā€™t just do that on their end.

Sort of, but not completely. Read the OP.

2 Likes

What did i miss did the dumb audio update get postponed did Roblox finally listen to the community?

Iā€™ve also had BC twice before and Iā€™ve been on the platform since 2016. I have around 66K place visits, which I heard could be the reason why I have 2K audios. But I also think it was given to random users.

1 Like

We have a problem here: the roblox car script is having problems because of this

4 Likes

No, the only thing thatā€™s been changed is that it will soon be easier to use songs uploaded to alt accounts. Everything is still going to be privated on March 22.

No, they didnā€™t. And thatā€™s because they canā€™t.
Roblox settled in court from being sued for copyrighted audio.
It is suspected that this entire update is a result of that, it explains why there is a hard date.

Quick question, will there or is there planned to be a feature to allow groups to set audio permissions in bulk instead of having to set them yourself one by one?

This is a good step in the right direction though :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for finally listening the the community maybe you were not as bad as i thought you were Iā€™m sorry for acting so negatively in my post anyways Iā€™m glad you are finally listening to the community thanks for keeping your promises to add new sound effects and music we love for new games. this is actually not as bad as we all thought it was. thanks for keeping the community updated. while i understand itā€™s a big change and the clasic libary of sounds will be gone i understand it was necessary for you to did what you did. I understand the copyright and i understand why you did it. But stil itā€™s a shame that the older roblox players will lose all there sounds. and it honestly sucks. But itā€™s time to move on and i understand why you did this. again thanks for clarifying

There should be no requirement to setting your audio to public.

4 Likes

It would make sense for 12+ seconds, not 6. No music is intelligible if you slow it down from 6 seconds. Total stupidity.

1 Like

Yay, Roblox is listening to the community :smile:

2 Likes