Constraint Chassis

I made some changes on the Restitution and I saw some change on how they handled, but somehow same slight result. I will experiment more, thanks!

2 Likes

The limits prevent the wheel from going past the anchor (other Attachment of the spring) and causing the spring to go backwards.

2 Likes

I’ll make some changes to them now

1 Like

I didn’t fix it, so I didn’t want anyone to know it was like a solution or something. I’m back on the PC, so I’m going to go work on it now :thinking:

2 Likes

Have you checked the vehicle collisions?

1 Like

That has nothing to do with anything. The issue is the PrismaticConstraint allows the wheel to go above the spring so the spring attempts to make it stay that way. To solve it, you add a LowerLimit to the PrismaticConstraint of something along the lines of 0.2. That way the spring will keep pushing the wheel down rather than up.

2 Likes

Alright so it looks like it’s working, I changed some values on SpringConstraint too. I’m also not sure if it can handle extreme heights haha, but luckily I won’t be using very large ramps or anything.

1 Like

Nvm, it was something in the place that broke it. It works now

I have another question. My vehicle body is very shaky when driving. What should I adjust to fix it?

Make it massless and set its Density (under CustomPhysicalProperties) to 0.01.

3 Likes

Is it normal for the left and right arrow keys to not function? Wheels won’t turn?

Nope, that’s not normal for a vehicle.

An alternative method could be checking input of keys being pressed then

I use a VehicleSeat and read the ThrottleFloat and SteerFloat. That way, mobile, console, and controller inputs also work. Alternatively you could code it yourself and not have the solution Roblox has been developing for years.

2 Likes

Oh! I didn’t think of checking VehicleSeat! :rofl:

1 Like

Steer Float does not work for mobile , it returns an integer and not a decimal point (online mode)

3 Likes

Is there a way to make the drivetrain for this chassis to Front-Wheel-Drive or Rear-Wheel-Drive?

Yes , if you want front wheel drive just set the ActuatorType property to none on the rear HingeConstraints and vice versa for rear wheel drive

2 Likes

Maybe im dumb but how do I connect this to a vehicle model that I have made? Whenever I change the seat it just completely breaks.

Read the update you just need position the body model and put it inside the “Body” in the chassis and the script will automatically do the welding and all for you

1 Like