Update on Verified Badges

and will abandoned accounts that qualify be automatically verified? roblox states once you reach the qualifications you will be notified and automatically issued the badge. a example is the @kyliejenner account. her account has been untouched for a while but her brand kylie cosmetics has millions of followers across every platform there is. (more than the 100K+ requirement on just 1 social account) will her profile recieve a verified badge?

3 Likes

Hoping I get verified. I’ve definitely met the requirements for experience developers so fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

now that i read more into it it says figures are accepted too i think i might still qualify

4 Likes

I hope I’ll get verified too, I meet all the requirements too

6 Likes

what separates a brand from a user though? Mr Beast (for example) is both a brand and a conscious user, i understand the difference between “Generic Streamer” and “Generic clothes company” but when the lines get blurred, where does roblox stand?

4 Likes

Yeah i have a verified group and was a devforum top contributor and i won’t get verified becuase my game is no longer popular. This is really a huge shame.

Also this part makes no sense to me, the follow feature does almost nothing (and when it was on roblox it stopped working in 2015/2016 and was never fixed) on roblox and there is no reason for people to ever follow your profile on roblox. The following feature existed to get status updates on the roblox feed; the feed page has been removed years ago, and so has the ability to set your status on roblox. Developers should not have to rely on users clicking a button that does literally nothing on their profile in order to be eligible for verification.

15 Likes

Are there any additional/hidden requirements? I have met the revenue requirement as a ugc creator since before the badges came out.

I’ve been age verified and have used the authenticator for as long as I can remember.

Plus, surely if your account did not adhere to the community standards and Terms of Use you would have your ugc access revoked anyway?

2 Likes

it gives u a example on the verified badge q/a it says brands are companies and users are musicians, politicans, and celebrities i hope this helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can we get the ability to hide the checkmark? I don’t have one, but I know that’s a concern for people with one.

5 Likes

I’m the owner of a group that meets the requirements. However, the group “owner” is actually our company account. With this automated system, will I also be verified since I have all group perms? How does this work? Since it takes a month to process, I’m not sure how it’ll work.

Thanks.

4 Likes

My group is verified and I have more than 10k followers, does that mean my profile is qualified to have the verification badge?

3 Likes

Facebook is a major social media platform

4 Likes

I second this, my group has been verified for many months now but I have yet to get the badge for my own account

3 Likes

I have 100k+ followers on tiktok, how i can get my verified badge if that is possible? ._.

3 Likes

Really appreciate that the criteria is shared, this transparency was much needed.

Will the owner of a verified group also get a verified badge or is that still not possible?

3 Likes

This kinda hurts to see the requirements, especially knowing that it is impossible as a plugin developer to get verification, even though it is really important to have verification as a plugin developer, otherwise how else can users identify legitimate plugins from illegitimate plugins.

Another big issue I see here is, in the example article it describes the “Account Types” and includes Politicians, which surprises me considering it completely breaks the Community Standards

1 Like

The community guidelines you mentioned disallow the discussion or depiction of political content. This does not deny Roblox users with a political job.

2 Likes

if a politician was verified under their legal name it would be the depiction of a sitting real-world elected official

2 Likes

yep my group passed now verify me.

2 Likes

For those who are asking why they do not have the badge yet, I’d like to highlight (quite literally) this little sentence from documentation. Hopefully this clears it up if you believe you are eligible.

4 Likes