[Update] Pathfinder - Quickly Test PathfindingService in Studio

PathfindingService is a great solution for many cases of AI in roblox

However, it can be time consuming to figure out exactly what parameters you need for things like AgentHeight, AgentRadius, as well as traversal costs now that PathfindingModifiers are released.

To solve this I made a quick little plugin that allows you to test this and adjust values to your liking in real time

• Click the plugin icon or set up a hotkey in studio settings

• Click twice to set two points
  • Click and hold mouse on a point to drag it
  • Adjust path/agent parameters in the widget

This plugin was made for myself pretty quickly, so if there are any issues let me know

75 Likes

This is awesome! Will definitely use it.

1 Like

This plugin is very useful. Keep up the good work!

neat! this can be rather useful for debugging as well. thanks for releasing it

Surprised Roblox doesn’t offer something like this, it’s extremely simple to use and understand. I’ll try this out when I get around to developing AI. :slight_smile:

tyridge back at it again!!!

This is a great plugin that will save me a lot of time, thank you for creating this! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Very useful, and it simplifies existing features, however, I recommend that you use EZGIF for video-cropping, so you can avoid having a pesky watermark.

1 Like

Hi - My RAM starts going up exponentially (causing Roblox Studio to crash) when setting “Spacing” to 0. I cannot upload a video due to low internet speeds, but it’s easily reproducible.

1 Like

Very nice plugin! It would be great to add the bezier curves function to the plugin

good job! this is very useful will use it

I agree it is a very nice plugin. But i agree with the bezier curves function to be added to the plugin.

The bezier curves would help a ton, with Pathfinding.

this plugin is to test the raw data/waypoints that roblox outputs from pathfinding service. It’s not meant to do anything more because that’s up to developers in their own individual implementations

great plugin…easily reveals all of the annoying flaws of roblox’s built in pathfinding alg, like this: (let’s just path right through the wall…for reasons). Actually I think this is a bug with their implementation of Agent Radius. Agent radius 3 is more than enough to navigate through a 13 stud wide path without pathing through corner…yet here we are.

agent radius 0 will not path through corner.

2 Likes

Sorry for the bump but

I can confirm this. I accidently put it to 0.0 and it just froze Roblox Studio even with 64GB of RAM I have no clue why it makes like 6000 nodes lol

Great plugin overall, works really well and I think you did a great job and help alot of developers that work with AI! Great job!

1 Like

same happened to me my studio froze my keyboard , sounds , mouse and i couldn’t do anything for 32 seconds than just hearing the sound volume going up and down randomly.

Rewrote this plugin to be a bit cleaner and fix some issues causing it to break

1 Like