Update the emojis to latest version of Twemoji

I have been using emojis in my game in order to easily add pictures to the titles of things. This is an example:

However, in my process of doing this I have seen that the emojis are very outdated. Many of the updates done to twemoji are not visible in the roblox emojis.

Personally, I much prefer the latest versions, as they have a whole sort of new emojis (:microbe:,:dna:) that I could use in my game

Another reason for updating the emoji list is for the players. They may be confused when they want to use an emoji and it’s not there, or when the emoji they see is completely different from the recent ones. An example would be the zany emoji:

There are many more examples, but I don’t think listing them all would be neccesary.

I really hope the emojis get updated, as it would unlock a whole range of new emojis and lead to a better experience for the players.

11 Likes

I agree. Emoji support needs a little bigger support in my own opinion.

Not only this issue, but…

• We should be able to use “letter emojis”, but they should act like normal letters filter wise. I don’t really see a reason why they become hashtag emoji.
  • We can’t really use emojis in default chat without using copypaste.
3 Likes

Bringing this back because we’ve had so many updates to Twemoji. Will we be receiving any more updates to emojis on Roblox in the near future?

3 Likes