Update to AvatarEditorService:GetItemDetails for Community-Created Limiteds

Thank you for listening to us. It would have been cool to be able to restock free items, but this would be damaging for regular items

10 Likes

Glad you decided to change your minds on this, it would’ve been horrendous for anyone who bought a low copy item only for the stock to be increased.

5 Likes

exciting update all around, but i’m most excited to hear this is the case!! thank you for listening to us as a community

3 Likes

thanks for listening this would of ended really bad

2 Likes

Isn’t this chart wrong? The chart says “collectible” and “limited” for ItemRestrictions, but it looks like PascalCase is used for those strings from what I just tested.

In other words, I’m pretty sure the chart should have “Collectible”, “Limited”, ect. instead

1 Like

Sounds awesome, glad to see you are taking community feedback more often, keep the boat rowing Roblox, I’m glad to see you are taking feedback and allowing us to benefit from it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had to drop everything and quickly log on here to read the good news, ROBLOX taking Ws as of recent, thank you for actually listening to us.

A lot of things are healthier looking than it was last year which is always a good thing for this platform.

4 Likes

please for the love of god remove the premium requirement for ugc uploading or to keep them onsale…

3 Likes

Sounds awesome! Thanks for listening to our concerns.

Roblox is doing really well on updates & decisions lately, wondering if there’s a shift in corporate strategy or leadership. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I hope the good news will get around that Roblox will not be moving forward with the future plan of requiring everything in the Avatar Shop to be a Limited since it’s clocking in under an API post. Huge thanks to the marketplace teams for respecting the community’s pushback against it and its damaging effects not just to revenues but to market culture on Roblox.

We did NOT need artificial scarcity or real life simulation here; the digital limitlessness of Roblox’s Avatar Shop is part of its shared beauty WITH making high-quality collectible items. I as well would love to eventually get some items shared on the Avatar Shop without driving my community via FOMO or forced scarcity to help my items sell. I always want as many people to get their hands on any of the content I put out as possible.

1 Like

It’s there to help regulate and mini-moderate UGC when Roblox staff isn’t available

You wouldn’t give someone $10 jus to break their rules

1 Like

Thanks for the flag. You’re right, these strings are using PascalCase. The table above has been updated.

2 Likes

Heck Yeah!

Honestly, i would LOVE to see the unfair % splits be adressed next. Creator getting 30% meanwhile the dev gets 40% is VERY unballanced and SHOULD be adjusted, especially because now we have to remain subscribed to roblox premium.

5 Likes

this also affects people who does follow the rules and can be frustrating aswell

1 Like

Thank you Roblox for listening to the community on this.

1 Like

two good updates in one day?? is it already christmas??

:clap:

This is a win for UGC creators, and developers utilizing UGC rewards. Next step is to address the issue of Roblox taking 90+% out of creator’s hands:

This and the recent news regarding “The Hunt” is definitely a step in the right direction. I truly hope more decisions that benefit the community can come around for the future!

1 Like

Probably the biggest win this site has seen.

5 Likes

good idea roblox because of this the ugc creators no longer need to change a little detail just to say restock items ._.

1 Like