Update to Developer Forum Entry Process

No. It was on for a few days or so over a week. I have talked with Lily yesterday and she decided to clarify what changed more

7 Likes

Fully agree with this

10 Likes

I either fully agree and I am also wondered that DevForum may be abused soon or become untrustworthy place.

9 Likes

If the DevFourm has this new entry system, I can imagine that so many alt accounts will be in the fourm. This could be a problem.

9 Likes

@En_oe Agreed… Much much agreed…

@Etheroit I did indeed get a “system promotion message”, a week ago to be exact.

7 Likes

The change took effect about 10 days ago, we first noticed it in our server due to the unusual influx, so we reached Lilly and Carlos. You can read Carlos’ response here.

9 Likes

A week ago? That would explain why it has felt like the quality of New Member posts past week have been rather low

7 Likes

As a new member who was recently accepted through the new system, I feel as if the system is too lenient.

As the developer forums are intended to be used by, well, developers, this system seems to allow the entrance of unverified members (eg. non devs), which has been noticably lowering the quality of the discussions in the forums.

More requirements and criteria should be implemented to filter out those with nothing to contribute as to maintain the high quality discussions on the DevForums.

22 Likes

I agree with you. If the process is easier, than the quality would decrease.

9 Likes

What requirements and criteria would you personally suggest?

6 Likes

My friend got promoted to New Member for being active a few days back.

14 Likes

Same happened to me, but happened a few Saturdays ago.

9 Likes

Also another concern of mine is will new members be invited to RDC? As a new member I was invited to RDC 18, but will I be invited again? The meaning of new member has changed and I fear that I wont be invited. I attended RDC EU 18 and it was great. I personally don’t think new members should be invited, inviting an alt of someone who isn’t a developer? No. There are many new members out there who deserve to be invited and many who I don’t think should be invited. I hope this is solved, because inviting all new members is a horrible idea but so is not inviting any new members.

22 Likes

Isaac made a joke about that earlier but it’s a topic that needs addressed by DevRel for sure

7 Likes

How will this affect RDC USA / EU invites?

Last RDC it seemed like all New Members and Full Members were invited.

That doesn’t seem likely for the upcoming RDC especially if more and more people are becoming New Members.

Will just Full Members be invited?

14 Likes

I predict that New Members will soon be treated as solely regular players. With an automated system, DevRel will work their hardest to promote the good New Members to Full Member- making that rank mean less too.

9 Likes

Guess I’ll have to try and catch bugs and figure out some feature requests to get promoted :sob:

10 Likes

Instead of giving active random people membership, we should open a seperate forum for anyone to ask their development questions and stuff, just like the “Scripters” category in the old Roblox forum.

17 Likes

exactly like @en_oe said earlier

8 Likes

That’s extremely unlikely and not a viable solution.

It just creates more work for staff and more disconnect.

7 Likes