Update to Roblox Licensing Program & Brand Guidelines

I think it’s safe to say that 99.99% of developers (and a majority of users too) completely disagree with this conversion from “classic” avatars to rthro, a rig type nobody even uses.

To advertise your platform in this way surely isn’t appealing to anybody other than those under the age of five.

5 Likes

You cannot trademark domain names similar to your own.

So it is legal to buy bloxykart.com when Bloxy Kart blows up?

Any more info on this? I’ve not heard about it before.

I fully agree with you. This is a bad Roblox update.

1 Like

When will the Community Usage Guidelines be updated with the new logo?

Rthro isnt useless and it will work.

I use rthro scaling so it appears to me.

1 Like

Proof that its ugly.

Please give me proof

I think you mean “appeals to me.” Also you are a very, very large minority of the platform that believes Rthro scaling, and the way Roblox is promoting it, is actually a good thing in general. Frankly, the whole platform shouldn’t be completely reshaped because of 2% of the community’s opinion.

1 Like

The amount of people that use Rthro unironically is, quite frankly, very very small. I disagree that Rthro will work in the future for the community, I doubt we will ever fully adjust to the Rthro rigs.

Rthro scaling is the good half of Rthro that I use too! I don’t like how some people online seem to really hate it, calling it’s users “slenders” when at least I prefer slightly taller and thinner proportions over the classic ones. Just because they have more realistic proportions doesn’t mean they’re all creeps!

Rthro bundles are the worse side of it; Their parts aren’t compatible with any catalog items and normal character parts and look goofy on any standard Robloxian as a result (which is a sign they’re really out of place). There really needs to be a fully-customizable, basic Rthro bundle before most people would at least consider the concept “finally complete” in a way. (Even then, I’d prefer using just Rthro scaling, which is a cool feature.)

Back to being on-topic, Roblox shouldn’t have done this. Rthro is the farthest from the look that people associate with Roblox, the cute “Minifigures” with their big catalog of customization and personality. Forcing people to use Rthro when advertising off-platform almost feels borderline like false advertising to me; Someone could see one of the ads, assume everyone on Roblox looks like that, then they sign up and join an experience only to see a bunch of “knockoff LEGO®️ Minifigures” everywhere.

If I were to advertise my experience, I would rather be allowed to use R15. My avatar is basically its main character (and uses the very rare girl arms) and looks cute. No Rthro character would look like a little girl like her, and Rthro character bundles probably don’t look as good if they’re scaled down using my experience’s age morphs, as they’re meant to be teenage or adult size with 100% body scaling.

I know I’m late to this discussion and a lot of people have already said this, but I wanted to say that I agree: R15 is Roblox’s iconic style (it and R6); Preferring that people show everyone off of Roblox these completely differently-styled characters is a bad idea.

(I don’t know why the forum made this only a reply to @leogames2012plus when it’s more of a general reply, outside of agreeing with Rthro scaling.)

1 Like

Oh, thank goodness. R6 will be here to stay!

hmm…

lets get a little closer…

perfect!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.