[UPDATED] Blender version 2.8, How to export your texture from blender to studio

Blender 2.8
This is the updated version on how to export your mesh with texture from blender in, 2.8. If you’d like to check out the 2.79 version if you still use that version, So, as stated on the previous version, a lot of new modeler or modelers who haven’t had the notice that you can import your mesh with your materials here is a formal writing explaining how to do that, a lot of modelers usually use the properties on ROBLOX and or have to export it part by part and changing the colors in studio, well this tutorial will save you the trouble and time of doing that,

So, as stated you’ll first want to make sure you have a “Fake” texture ID on your mesh in ROBLOX Studio, this texture ID will automatically change to the textured mesh when you import your mesh w/ texture from blender. Here’s an image below on how you’d want to have your, MeshPart setup in studio to get ready to import your mesh from blender to studio with texture,

"Fake"Mesh Texture ID"
Now, that you’ve already got that in place, Open your blender (2.8) and follow these steps carefully, You’ll want to click, “Shading” which can be found at the top bar, with the list of different viewports, now that you’ve got your Shading Viewport open, make sure you’ve got your mesh selected,

Shading Viewport
Once, you click your mesh, If you don’t already have the nodes open, you can hit the, New and it’ll prompt your nodes for your object.

DRAG AND DROP

Now, you’ll want to drag in your material and or color palette into that shader editor and connect your material to the Base Color
You don’t have to do this step but I usually do it, I change the interpolation to, Closets
Now, that you’ve got all of this you are ready to start messing with your mesh, but before you do that make sure you’ve got the UV Editing Viewport open, which can be found on the topbar, where you originally found, Shading
Now, you can doodle with your mesh, now once you’re done messing with it, you’ll click the Material Node to view your colors and it’ll be ready to get exported, you can manipulate your UV’s on the left viewport on the UV Editing Viewport. Everytime a new mesh is added, you’ll be able to edit the UV’s on the left side

Once, you’re done designing your mesh and you can see your material and or texture on it, export that mesh as you would with any other mesh,

Now, you’ll want to hop into studio and import this same exact mesh and it’ll automatically change that fake texture ID into the new one with your new mesh, now if you want you can doodle with your mesh like, Parent the top part and import it to the same position as your original mesh and maybe change 1 property to, Neon, and you can always alter your mesh color in ROBLOX Studio by removing the TextureID but keep in mind when you remove the texture ID, the property or color will affect every part of the mesh meaning, some faces that you probably made a different color will be changed to the property selected,

Here’s the link to the 2.79 Version: [BLENDER 2.79] Proper way to UV-Unwrap your mesh and export w/ texture
Here’s the ROBLOX Place, feel free to doodle with it, TutorialPlace.rbxl (44.1 KB)
Here’s the blend file, Tutorial.blend (599.1 KB)
Here’s the palette,

Here’s my open source workspace if you’d like to have the mesh,
🌼[SHOWCASE] Bellflower Park - Roblox
If you’ve got any questions feel free to contact me, I hope this helped, have fun designing! :smiley:

45 Likes

Just a note: This should be in #resources:community-tutorials.

3 Likes

Hey ayyziloo, I’ve got a problem, when I imported the mesh to roblox studio it still comes out colourless I’ve you know why this is it would be greatly appreciated! Also im not quite sure on what you mean by “Fake ID”. Thanks for your time! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You need to apply the palette image as a texture on the mesh.

1 Like

Yeah, as First_Crown started a “Fake ID” would just be a random image on the mesh before importing the mesh from blender to studio. So, you’d want to have a texture on the meshpart before importing anything is what I mean by a “Fake ID”, hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Sorry If I am bugging you but, I still can’t quite seem to get it right.(first part of gif)

4 Likes

Did you ever figure this out? Also your creature looks hella cute.

1 Like