Updated Experience Controls Now Live

i liked the old top bar better

edit: its my opinion, the old top bar was way easier and reliable to use, and only had it for over a year and quite frankly i didnt like it when i had this rolled out

38 Likes

At least yall provided a reason this time, but why can’t we just keep it small unless we need accessibility?

Edit:

I prepared a comparison between two images of the same game (Arcane Odyssey by vetexgames if you’re curious) with the old and new UI

Screen size is 1920x1080

Without further ado…

Oh, and here’s what the Starscape UI looks like now
I mean at least it doesn’t cover the system name ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

39 Likes

Looks pretty cool! I’m assuming this started rolling out, is there a timeline for when this will be available for all users? For example, at the end of this week, or are all users getting the new experience controls today?

8 Likes

The rollout should now be complete: if you aren’t seeing it, try restarting the app

12 Likes

So happy that this is finally out! It’s been such a struggle having to maintain two UI topbar styles for our experience. The new one is far more dynamic and fits our game a lot more. Thanks a lot, Roblox team!

13 Likes

I still cannot understand why we can’t disable it. This is not about being consistent, it’s about giving developers freedom over their experiences.

You claim to have gotten feedback from us, but all you did was to ignore the important details and requests while focusing on non-important aspects of this update.

My last post here stands valid:

31 Likes

App restarted, still same old UI. Though I prefer old one, it would be better to know what other players are seeing to avoid any UI issues.

6 Likes

As @Profesornoobz1440 said on the previous topic, we NEED the option to fully hide the Hamburger Icon/Unibar

22 Likes

could you switch the health bar back to how it looked originally, please? i feel like this was made extremely thick because you wanted to fill that empty space

… which actually looks super odd if your health’s at max:

i think that this could be fixed by making it thinner and moving the leaderboard upwards, though, i don’t know whether that might interfere with topbar-related stuff

31 Likes

Maybe something you all are already planning to fix in a future release, but “respawn” and “reset” are used interchangeably in the UI. It would make sense to consistently use either one or the other.

14 Likes

nice, was wondering how do developers control the menu with code?

11 Likes

Or, even better, give us the option to turn the healthbar off and let us use our own custom one. I really just don’t understand why they drag their feet so much when it comes to the experience controls
edit: im stupid you can already do this

7 Likes

add a way to resize the menu its way too big. just let people edited it to how they like it

11 Likes

You literally can do that by using StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled

11 Likes

Honestly? I dig it! People that want it disabled should definitely have that option though.

13 Likes

I have one request

Please let us devs adjust the button transparency (and maybe even color), They look a bit dark on a couple my games that use softer colors

If you need to maybe you could put a maximum limit on how transparent they can get so you know they will always at least be visible. Like maybe no more than .75

:heart: I will also say that the new health bar is kinda bad. sorry guys but it kinda is. Maybe make a circular health bar to the right of the hamburger menu?
Here, I made an example for you:
Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 5.18.25 PM

I will say the new topbar has improved so much since you first announced it. I like the hamburger menu a lot better and the icon looks better

33 Likes

Finally, no more accidentally clicking the mic button above my head when in a fullscreen menu and getting warnings for swearing!

17 Likes

How can we go about getting info like transparency about the user’s core GUIs? I’m not sure if there is currently a way to check the user’s background transparency setting, but we need ways to get this info and keep up with it if we want buttons to blend in with the rest of the top bar.

5 Likes

Finally! But can you add an option to change the size of the ui?

6 Likes

Totally agree with that one. I play in a laptop and its kinda oversized now.

8 Likes