Updated Experience Controls Now Live

How can we go about getting info like transparency about the user’s core GUIs? I’m not sure if there is currently a way to check the user’s background transparency setting, but we need ways to get this info and keep up with it if we want buttons to blend in with the rest of the top bar.

1 Like

Finally! But can you add an option to change the size of the ui?

3 Likes

Totally agree with that one. I play in a laptop and its kinda oversized now.

4 Likes

I’ve been using these Experience Controls through Bloxstrap for quite some time now.

I’ve not had an issue since i’ve been using this Feature.

However, as previously mentioned in this thread and previous one, i think that there should be an option to turn this off somehow as i don’t want people to see the Roblox Menu in my screenshots.

I also want these Experience Controls to be made WAY smaller than it is right now. Imagine your on mobile and having to see all of these options at the top of the screen.

6 Likes

Agreed. We used to be able to hide three-dot menu icon, why we can’t hide the new hamburger icon? Are we evolving backwards…

4 Likes

i mean this is entirely avoidable if they just used the screensafe insets ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Now it’s harder to access backpack :pensive:

5 Likes

the new healthbar is a lot better than before as it used to be really difficult to see your health, especially in games that relied heavily on knowing how much health you have. If it bothers you, just do

local StarterGui = game:GetService("StarterGui")
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Health,false)
2 Likes

Much better design. Would like to see the escape menu phased out and its functionality implemented into the hamburger menu. Having 2 menus feels a bit unpolished

3 Likes
local StarterGui = game:GetService("StarterGui")
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Health,false)

this disables the default healthbar

4 Likes

GuiService.PreferredTransparency :wink:

3 Likes

Wish you guys could make this optional. The new experience controls are too large for desktop.

3 Likes

Do not use the new Captures function in experiences

Roblox is reducing screenshots quality with the new Captures button.
Here’s detailed side-by-side proof:
Made with new Captures button

Made using PrtSc button (the old original way)

The difference in file size:
(1.48 MB Captures button and 2.22 MB PrtSc)

Now the difference might now be that visible when these screenshots are shrunk down in size on forums, but on PC fullscreen the difference is very noticeable.
Edit: fixed typos and corrected images

Also I’ve just found another odd thing happening with Captures screenshots, some GUI elements are disabled when taking a screenshot with Captures button resulting in even poorer quality.

Normal PrtSc screenshot:

Captures button screenshot:

Notice the difference how ad panel has lost its image in a screenshot taken with Captures button.

This also happens when standing close to the object:

This is how it is intended to look:

9 Likes

Currently there is no way to implement a custom callback for the topbar chat button. Is this going to be something we can control soon? TextChatService lets us hide the default chat the chat without hiding the button, however this just makes the button pointless and it has to be hidden by SetCoreGuiEnabled.

1 Like

I really wish there was as I had to loop :GetCore("ChatActive") in a pcall (as it can error) to even be able to detect if it opens or not. I would love to have the option to program what each button does instead of having to disable it. Possibly using something like :SetCore("CoreGuiCallback",Enum.CoreGuiType.Chat,EventInstance) similarly to ResetCallback

That is one thing I wish was included in this new topbar system

3 Likes

Does having the Report Abuse button there even matter if it doesn’t work? Maybe the functionality of it should be worked on.

Was kind of hoping to be officialy able to add our own buttons to the dropdown or topbar this time around. Shame.

The design is fine in itself but as others have already said the hamburger menu should be able to be hidden. As it stands in games that disable basically all of its dropdown items it’s nothing but a waste of space - you can still access the report menu etc through the actual main menu.

3 Likes

Yay!

(Ok, it is quite big though, please let us customize the size of it)

1 Like

I like this update!

I understand there are no plans to customize the topbar buttons, but are there any plans to allow developers to move the capture button which is placed in a much more critical location?

Update: Nevermind, didn’t realize the capture menu will hide the rest of the interface

1 Like

I Completly Love This Update, It Reminds Me Of When The Next Gen Studio UI Came Out, And The Health Bar? This Is Sick!