Get Ready for Updated Experience Controls

Definitely should be smaller on desktop. Also some way to hide it for screenshots would be nice.

17 Likes

The hamburger icon is finally back! :happy4:

4 Likes

When you use the Captures utility, it will automatically hide the UI on any screenshots B)

8 Likes

Looks ugly and is too big. Also, where will the health bar go?

13 Likes

The new scaling looks fire! Thanks ROBLOX! Now i can finally play the popular ROBLOX “experience” known as “Dress to Impress” on my brand new smartwatch!

46 Likes

Can we get a reason for this? This is completely, and I mean it, completely useless.

Experience Controls > Report Menu (2 Clicks)
Roblox Menu > Report Panel (2 Clicks)

I see no benefits from this whatsoever as it takes the same amount of actions for a user to access the Report Menu, this only creates more clutter. This feature is advertised as an update that removes clutter and yet, it takes more space unnecessarily.

Many developers, including me, requested that you fix this, but unfortunately, you have done the opposite without providing a valueful response.

This statement becomes completely invalid when I run :SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All). When there’s no purpose for a UI to exist, it shouldn’t exist. I have no idea how a multibillion-dollar company fails to realize this.

32 Likes

You guys clearly forgot about this didn’t you…
The background Transparency is at opaque but the unibar still doesn’t become opaque.

19 Likes

I think we should be able to slightly lower the reserved pixel space aswell as the size of the topbar.

If this feature is added, developers should be able to read the player’s customisations.
You could add it to the Device Preferences:

18 Likes

This is on the way-- the version of the experience controls in the studio beta doesn’t have all of the new features quite yet.

9 Likes

Can this please be smaller for keyboard and mouse users? We have no need for a large button, and to be completely honest, I have no memory of mobile players having ever complained about them being too small for them either. Their current size is satisfactory, and as someone with a smaller laptop screen, having them take up that much space just triggers me.

For the sake of democracy let’s start a poll

What is your opinion about the new experience controls?
  • I love it
  • I like it
  • Neutral/No Comment
  • I dislike it
  • I hate it

0 voters

14 Likes

Could we get an option to change the size of the Top Bar? Not everyone is on mobile, and it makes it a lot harder for desktop people

12 Likes

I completely agree with you. I think we should have more control over CoreGui and only be restricted by 1 unhidable main action button.

We should be able to hide the long bean!

9 Likes

Additionally, it is completely pointless to keep the menu around when the creator disables everything. It’s unnecessary clutter.

Also, why exactly is the report button in there? Everyone reports through the escape menu anyway, I cannot see a single instance of a person thinking harder to use the smaller button while in-game.

In other words, @DyzuOfficial was right about needing a dislike button on here

20 Likes

Great to see! I’ve been watching this go in and out of testing multiple times and I’m happy that y’all are finally adding it! Really happy that the microphone button is being moved away from above the avatar. The amount of times I had UI over my screen and I turned on my microphone was too much.

No offense, the old/current Top Bar UI is kind lackluster. So, this is a major improvement! Thanks :tongue:

1 Like

It’s great but I still fail to see why we can’t completely hide it. Saying that “it creates consistency” is dumb because at the end of the day, you remove all of the buttons and the only one that is left is a report button. Most people don’t even use reports and it’s also in the menu. @TheRealANDRO also demonstrated how both button areas are the same amount of clicks away as well.

13 Likes

I’ve personally gotten used to the top bar size during the Studio beta - it’s not that bad once you’ve had more exposure to it.

Is there a limit for landscape mode for developers to make sure their menus are not blocked by Roblox?

1 Like

Will there ever be advanced graphical settings or the use of side mouse buttons? The recent updates only seem to benefit mobile users.

1 Like

This new UI is hardly any difference in terms of size for mobile users, but for PC it is much larger than it should be…

11 Likes

at this point pc players dont exist for them anymore

and if they end up responding with something like “oh we care about you guys” you obviously dont, at least not enough to consider the fact that this is too big for someone who uses a literal keybind to open the menu anyway

i think theyre trying to watermark it, ngl

9 Likes

roblox are actively moderating any negative opinions about this topic, this is not democracy. I can’t even say my opinion on how I dislike the mobile-centric UI without getting a “trolling” warn, have you really stooped that low as a company to warn people for merely stating their opinion?

12 Likes