Updated Experience Controls Now Live

Can we please get an option to remap controls, as an example, as it stands for the Index Knuckles, the grips are what control changing your equipped gear, which gets in the way. The only reason it is like this is because they are a different component on the quest controllers, which is what Roblox seems to be based around.

So just holding the controller as an index user causes you to switch gear which is really annoying, as holding the controller is what causes it to happen.

I don’t see any changes in any game.

The capture system automatically hides the ui

1 Like

As constantly mentioned before, it’d be very nice to personally change the size of these elements, they’re such an eyesore with how much space they take up.

Perhaps an option in the esc menu to change the top bar size in pixels

1 Like

bro why cant we completely hide the hamburger menu still this is so dumb and not well thought out
design is very good but why brooooo

1 Like
  • Roblox (Escape) Menu - streamlining design for better accessibility and simplicity.

bring this Roblox Menu back! to this day, i still prefer this due to the functionality it has + it’s in a sidebar format, i still don’t get why people hate on it, but it’s really the best version of the Roblox Menu in my personal opinion

8 Likes

Could you guys change the color of the new chatbox? It doesn’t match the color of the new topbar at all please fix this

1 Like

It’s not great. Especially with how massive it is on mobile (or in general on small resolutions). I really dislike how these sorts of intrusive UI changes are being forced on us just so you guys get to force yourselves into whatever ever more demanding “accessibility” and “advertising” numbers you can get your hands on.

Why not let developers create their own custom experience controls/top bars? Is it due to the fear that developers may intentionally or non intentionally include important features like a leave button? Is it due to a fear of roblox games not getting free off platform advertising as efficiently (since developers could simply opt to not include any roblox logos)? Is this simply yet another consequence of the future in which everything is automated for developers?

This UI is fine, still a bit to ask for from a functionality standpoint, and I still think it’s way too big. One thing I really want to change though is pls don’t anchor some dev added topbar UI features to the bottom. It can cause some games UIs to not look or function like they’re supposed to and overall just weird.
Here’s Flood Escape: Classic for example where there’s this gap at the top where the blue bar is actually supposed to be

“yep we changing it back”

These are absolutely massive, I wish these were smaller. I get it’s for accessibility, but there should be a setting to enlarge/shrink these in the escape menu next to the camera options

Like this health bar is just stupidly big, and the player list is so far down

I also really dislike how the voice icon is still there even though I have voice chat disabled. It takes up even more room

1 Like

You have to clear the app cache to see it on mobile, was the solution for mine.

@QuirkySquid Was this rolled back? I joined a game just now and still have the old topbar. An announcement should be posted here if so.

Edit: All is good now, have received the update

it might’ve been because people were having a stress on using the new topbar, probably rolled back for some people

edit: correct me if im wrong

It’s been in limbo, rolling out and then getting reverted again for literally months. I’d be really surprised if they found another huge bug that caused them to have to revert it again, which hasn’t been found in the months of testing and iteration they’ve been doing.

I just want it to roll out for good :sob: so sick of waiting, they’ve made literally 6 different update threads for this one feature dating back to early this year (I think). On the bright side at least they’re taking some feedback into acccount and iterating on the design accordingly.

3 Likes

I am not a AAA developer, and my games are not AAA games.

I can understand that 44 may be a starting point, and maybe the default setting, but we should be able to change this via a property or the core writable settings.

Please please please allow some kind of manipulation over the size of the top bar. It is massive. The Grand Canyon could fit in the top bar space right now…

Why the empty space at the top again?
I remember when a previous design looked a bit like this (drawn image example), having a pretty beefy topbar.

Then it got removed, allowing the entire screen space to be used again (I believe you could change the transparency of that thing, so it could technically be hidden as well).

The UI then looked like this: two subtle buttons at the top (image from Bee Swarm Simulator)

And now it’s become a very pronounced, dark and chunky circular design that

• fills too much space
  • draws too much attention
  • isn’t neutral in design

It even sees the additional of a very pointless empty space, one that only drags down custom UI for no reason.

And then the health bar - why.

__

Is there a way to revert/customise all of this, as its style obstructs and clashes with many games’ choice of UI design? The previous one was neutral and subtle, and the HP bar looks goofy.
| At least allow sizing and fading/transparency adjustments

Is there a way to remove this silly topbar void? There is no point in having it when these buttons could’ve been offset more.

If someone happens to know how or have a script/preset that fixes this, it’s well welcome!

3 Likes

This new UI is terrible, and screws with my Top bar experience, please, revert it.

Honestly, it feels like this UI should be forced only for mobile

EDIT: Found a Fastflag for this but studio is still forced

1 Like

This is so useless, there’s literally no point in not letting us remove this if all cores are disabled

2 Likes

Please provide us the ability to use the previous top bar UI in studio, I liked the minimalistic look of it. Allow us to choose between using the new or the old top bar UI.

1 Like