Updated Experience Controls Now Live

pretty sure u can bring this back with bloxstrap

Can we at least have the option to toggle between the old UI layout and the new?

1 Like

Exactly this, I’d like to know when the new controls are going to be permanently rolled out to everyone, meaning no more A/B tests, rollbacks, or FFlags to disable it, so I can stop having to maintain two different versions of the topbar in my code.

4 Likes

This is what the captures feature is intended for! ATM It has no Roblox watermarks, so it’s good for sharing pictures of a game.

The button blunt description speaks for itself: “More menu”. Its functionality could have been easily integrated in the existing “Roblox menu (ESC)”, possibly on a new, firstly displayed tab - the accessiblity would be just as quick as with the separate menu. The additional button feels redundant.

2 Likes

This unibar UI should be controllable if the developer doesn’t want it in their game, I’m ok with the menu button as this is a necessary evil, but some developers dont want this UI in their game because it gets in the way.

Again, I dont hate this UI, its good, but it feels like you’re moving further away from allowing developers to control what Roblox UI is forced into their game.

2 Likes

I’m just glad to see that all the UI is in a single quadrant. That gives the developer more options when designing UI, good to see.

This is horrific with how much space has been scaled into. The attention this new bar grabs from me and instead of the game significantly hurts my immersion, and expectedly from my playerbase as well.

PLEASE for heck sake add a way to disable all the Roblox CoreGUI (including the Roblox Icon) and revert this update to figure out proper Background Transparency settings. The dark contrast of the GUI and being unable to remove it is disorienting.

Been using Bloxstrap for awhile, and for cinematography reasons, I will be reverting to the previous GUI version as well. I highly recommend to anyone reading this who needs the older Escape Menus to use this software. It being packed with a lot of other features including CoreGUI and Game GUI Hiding, make it a superior tool to providing players interested in artistic creative means.

I do prefer the old ui alot more, some sorta settings within the experience itself to customize the style of the top bar would be very nice. Being able to customize certain menus that are part of roblox is something that has always been lacking. I understand why that is, players expect to know where certain core roblox settings are located, but something like the style of the roblox top bar shouldn’t really affect that right? No matter what the button looks like, players always know the button located on the top left (box or circle, big or small) will always open the roblox menu. At the very least an option within roblox’s menu to pick between a few top bar menu’s would be amazing to see, even if they aren’t exactly the same as the old menu. A slim option that makes the tob bar ui slimmer and closer to the previous version of the ui would allow users to pick which style they enjoy most.

Anyway rambling aside, new ui is kinda fat can we get a setting to make it smaller and square either in experience settings or the roblox menu.

p.s.
(oh yeah and also being able to tint the ui to match your game would be so cool)

1 Like

I feel like some of you would love to check out a topic I created slightly before this update :wink:

also glad that almost all of the people on this devforum thread agree with me in one way or another, this might give some interesting ideas on how to improve this aswell so feel free to share

Hopefully somebody turns that discussion into a feature request

In the meantime, bloxstrap (to persist with updates) allows you to set an fflag that can turn the coregui on/off with a hotkey/revert to the previous version of the topbar. (bloxstrap currently being fixed in the next update for a slight amount of users having issue with it.)

1 Like

no, this is the newer variant that got sadly removed. only v2 remains

1 Like

Bruh I had this ui for months… why do they need to make everything bad looking, like why do you need a reset button for an already existing reset button.

2 Likes

Can you guys switch the spot of where chat is and move it back next to the menu also I get this weird bug on mobile where if I send a message in game the keyboard appears for a second time (idk how to explain it)

Set your anchor point to 1,0 if I’m correct or 0,1 to anchor it to the bottom with the Topbar safe insets

:pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

The leaderboard sucks.

just revert the size to 36 pixels for the love of god. 44px is literally like writing on a powerpoint slide with only text size 60 and having it displayed on a 2 meter wide display

So much extra to display leaderboard, inventory, etc…

I hope atleast there will be an option to turn the old gui back on, because even if its “modern” it just doesnt suit a lot of games. (like we have an option for the legacy chat and textchatservice)

As I said under the original post. Pinning the buttons was almost the only reason for waiting for this update.

2 Likes

I hate this health bar, please change it and use canvas group on it