Updated process for achieving "Regular" on the DevForum

If you’ve been moderated, you typically receive a DM from Staff telling you when your post was moderated. Considering you don’t realize this, you have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

So system wouldn’t be considered a moderation action taken until a staff member actually contacts you? Meaning system messages would be not harmful?

Aaaaaa finally! It was around 6 months since any people were promoted to Member.

Unless things have changed, I know many people talked about receiving a message from Staff titled “Feedback in Regards to your Post” and it’d list:

• What you did
  • Where you did it
  • When you did it
  • And why it’s wrong

If you get a system message telling you something similar to this, then I’d assume that is pretty much the same deal. Either way though, this who thing of saying “Why can’t I see moderation history” is kinda bunk because you should know whether or not you’ve been hit up, and what for, because at the very least you get a system message or staff message telling you about it. They don’t shadow delete messages that are in “Moderation Territory” levels and not tell you. You’re alerted to your wrong-doing just like when you upload a bad decal on Roblox.

True, but how do we know when we reach an amount of strikes to completely harm our promotion opportunity? That is the problem.

Developer Relations does not expose it.

Let’s read that last line again.

you can still get promoted even if you have a moderation history.

If you have moderation history already, just start playing by the rules. If you don’t have moderation history, continue playing by the rules. If you’re already at the point of being unable to promote, start playing by the rules to hopefully dig yourself out.

It’s literally just a “start following the rules and maybe you’ll get promoted” sort of thing. You don’t need to know your moderation history to do that.

1 Like

I got promoted as well. Looks like we’re in the big leagues together.

1 Like

I did not say they would. I am only asking that they provide a way to list all your history for every user. I am pretty sure I never phrased it to mean that anyone would know other people’s history.

Thanks for clearing that out. I just hope there is no possible way that a user can be forever banned from the possibility of a promotion.

Excited to see this change, Question: I had one post flagged for wrong section, would that prevent my promotion?

When they say Moderation History they mean breaking rules like hate speech, swearing, insinuating violence etc.

I believe the possibility of something like that being harmful to your promotion is extremely unlikely. But uhh… spamming probably would be just as bad to harm promotion chances, like I did. :confused:

It’s great to see a system is in place now. It really does compliment the increase of New Members ever since that has been automated. As good as hand picking is, it certainly isn’t suited for larger communities.

How do you know what role you currently are?

Just go to your profile and look at your trust level.

1 Like

Hey I got that message too!

(In the future DevEx could be Automated) :wink:

1 Like

What does the “Member” rank get you?

I did not see that i could expand. Thanks!

Not much more than the “New Member” rank. Here is a little rundown of what members get that new members don’t:

• Members don’t need to go through the post approval procedure anymore. This means they can post in the developer discussion category and the platform feedback category ‘freely’ without going through post approval.

• Members have access to some other categories that new members can’t access.

New Members have access to most of the forum as it is and they can post in categories they don’t have permission to post in through the post approval procedure. Being a member just saves you time when posting in the categories that require post approval for new members.

8 Likes