Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

Was Public UGC an official announcement?

2 Likes

its been public announced for a while. the reason they delayed it because people are making exact 1;1 copies. there for thats why they delayed it to do a ban wave but down side to the ban wave the ones who are making the 1:1 copies are getting by because they make the object the put it for sale once for sale they archive it there for they cant be banned.

2 Likes

public UGC has been postponed 3 times or more, so I’m not sure about it

3 Likes

Do you have more information on this “Public ugc?” such as a forum link perhaps?

5 Likes

u guys think im getting accepted if in my model process video i had to speed it from 7 hours to 2 minutes of video to fit the 100mb limit?:sob:

3 Likes

the public ugc us been public roblox released it based on rdc upcoming changes to the policy and updates. What we announced at RDC 2023 heres the link of everything was announced but like i said above a few months ago ive gave more info which this was more talked on twitter then it was here

2 Likes

i wonder if they would still be able to be banned by the admins checking their upload history

3 Likes

I’m not exactly sure, but from what I understand, they create three parts for one item. It seems they need to archive all the parts to avoid detection, ensuring that the archived items do not show up as available for sale. Additionally, they disable the resale option for these items, even if they were initially released as limited editions

3 Likes

how many do i have to make to apply exactly? :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I believe you only need to create one but building a portfolio and providing more than one would likely increase your chances, but someone let me know if I’m wrong with this.

3 Likes

tbh i dont think its worthed to apply by now, i ve apllied 1 year ago still no answer, also public ugc is in January

8 Likes

Don’t you still have to apply even with public UGC though?

5 Likes

No, public UGC is where any verified premium user can upload. Applications will be a thing of the past.

5 Likes

Oh dang, that’s crazy! I misunderstood the announcement then lol, thank you for clearing that up.

3 Likes

So now if you want to publish skins in the marketplace you just need to be verified? Isn’t it any other way? Because for some users the verified requirements can be impossible to reach.

4 Likes

I think that is exactly why verification is required, so it prevents accounts who are unable to verify to upload to the catalog (bot accounts, alt accounts, etc). If it was truly public, it would be like opening up the gates to hell.

6 Likes

Imo even with ID verification it’s still opening up the gates of hell haha. Roblox moderation can’t even handle the UGC program as it is.

4 Likes

Sadly alot of us are still waiting on a email back some that has tried over a year ago then others since april i have yet recieved anything since then i gave up trying.

6 Likes

I would like to participate, but it says applications are closed.

Can you include me in the program please I have a lot ideas to show you and the roblox players will be impressed by my assets!

Waiting to hear from you soon :slight_smile:

RosenDev

7 Likes

Just recently applied right before they closed. My hopes and anticipation is high for a good response!

10 Likes