Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

You’ll have to wait at least 3-5 months.

11 Likes

Do UGC models have to be a single mesh or can it be multiple meshes imported and ‘Grouped’ in a model through Roblox Studio?

5 Likes

It is required to in accessory format, meaning one mesh under an Accessory instance.

10 Likes

Good luck to all of yall , no matter how long this may take i wish yall luck.

7 Likes

Hello, i have a question about this, when will the applications be opened again?

7 Likes

Hey, applications should be open permanently to everyone who wishes to join the program.
Try clicking on this link to start

8 Likes

Straight to the point, I like it! - Thanks

9 Likes

I know several developers who submitted a UGC application in September, and have yet to hear any reply from Roblox.

@Lvl100SuperBurrito @Hooksmith Can you please confirm that a wait time of over 5 months is normal. Will a reply be given by Roblox to all applications submitted?

12 Likes

Personally for the past few months of waiting for my UGC application being viewed and I’m still waiting now, all I just want to say is good luck in getting into the UGC program. I think that this change of the UGC application always being open, it is actually maybe more of a good thing after all, since everyone can apply anytime!

8 Likes

I believe around march they will see my application but if not see you next year lol

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for months now so I don’t know what my results are as well, but good luck.

8 Likes

I confirm I sent mine in September, but I sent it again in November, because I didn’t know that it could take so long, but hey, nothing has arrived in my email to date, I’ll keep waiting to see.

6 Likes

I sent my application, hopefully I get accepted Good luck everyone.

15 Likes

i dunno what is going on at roblox but i’ve sent an application for over 3 months now and haven’t gotten any replies, and from messages im seeing ig im not the only one

7 Likes

they take 5 months + i think its something like that

6 Likes

Aw man that’s even worse :frowning:
My dream is to make UGC items, but i guess it will take very long.

10 Likes

Well if you think about it, the Roblox employees must be under pressure of how much UGC applications they would have to go through. There must be over 30000 people that applied for the UGC applications. Patience does it and even I’m still waiting, I respect that the people who are reviewing the UGC applications have lives of their own.

12 Likes

Will I get an automated reply after sending my application? I sent mine 1 hour ago, didn’t get any reply in mail or forum inbox.

How would I know that my application has been successfully sent?

9 Likes

nop you dont get any automated mensage

8 Likes

Now I’m just wondering if it’s really a good idea applying. Roblox mentioned that UGC will be available for 200mil+ users around the platform, which begs the question, is it really worth it?
People tend to steal things, so it’ll turn out to be another clothing catalog section where everything is being reuploaded houndreds of times.
Let’s say youre uploading a hat for 75 R$, you’ve spent your time on it, just later to find out, you’ve a copy of your item that’s way cheaper! Your DMCA report was ignored, so what now? Just cope…
Without ANY info on how this will work I see no point of trying.

10 Likes