Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

Yep, I agree, I have been waiting a reply for more than 4 months already…

6 Likes

Yeah, i know. There’s lots of people applying.

5 Likes

I put in an application a week ago and realized I filled something out wrong on it. Should I put in a new app now or wait to see if they message me anything? So far have heard nothing back and am not sure if I should wait or not.

4 Likes

It is quite important that you filled every single box in the application form, may I ask which box you missed?

3 Likes

I linked my dev forum instead of my talent hub portfolio and am not sure if I did the “accessory format” correctly. Also when it ask me to upload a copy of my ugc portfolio I put a picture of it cause that’s what someone told me to do. Honestly I find the whole application confusing and lacking better instruction.

6 Likes

Same here,uploaded the accessory in .rbxm form because it was already small enough.

Im told by most people that it’s a 5+ month wait for response and I’m very skeptical ab this:/. Did u get any form of response yet? It’s been a week and I haven’t gotten any, having the urge to re-apply

4 Likes

I sent an application a week after UGC applications became permanently open (half a year ago). I never received an email or message back, but numerous other creators have already received their emails and messages weeks ago.

Now to apply again and wait 5-6 months for just a chance of getting a response :happy3:

14 Likes

Ah I see, accessory format is roblox .rbxm files to make the hat, it cannot be in the mesh format, also the file needs to be compressed into a .zip file. For you taking a screenshot of your UGC portfolio it would most likely have to be your talent hub profile and the link to your talent hub profile. Directions must be followed.

But however I do agree that the form itself was too vague and I think they should of put more depth to make most people understand the instructions that are given to them. I don’t think it would hurt doing the UGC application again since it’s now completely open.

4 Likes

I feel like I’ll be heading in the same boat as you, no response since september 10th, this is ridiculous counting people who sent theirs late 2022 have already gotten their responses when they are supposedly doing the earliest applications first.

6 Likes

do you think sending it in .rbxm form is alright? Mine was >5kb, small enough

3 Likes

I haven’t heard anything. I will probably reapply after a month since I know I messed up my app

4 Likes

thxx for replying, same here. Goodluck on your application :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey guys, a friend of mine applied to the UGC program 5 days before I did, however he was accepted almost a month ago. I’m still waiting a response on my app, is this an error of the team reading the apps? Do I need to send another app? I’m kind of concerned and worried about not getting a response. If anybody knows anything please let me know. I worked with other UGC creators for accessory models, but really want to publish few of my UGC concepts.

3 Likes

They send responses in waves, I’m also waiting still.

6 Likes

Well it says compress it, I don’t know the reasons why it needs to be compressed but hopefully to all the best you’ll be fine since it’s only a small file size.

5 Likes

No people are getting their applications being reviewed, it hasn’t stopped just wait until you get a response, you’ll be expecting one within a few months.

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting like 5 months now I hope they respond soon, hopefully saying I got accepted, also like does it really matter if u applied when they first made it open to the community because it seems that they are randomly picking applications? maybe it has to do with the verified members. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

yeah, good luck, are they accepting everyone or did they dnied anyone so far since its “always” open

2 Likes

You may need a certain level of knowledge to 3D modelling since UGC is quite competitive because lots of people want to be apart of it. I’m sure if you know how to make a good enough accessory that is unique most likely you’ll get in to do the UGC program.

3 Likes

yeah true, but i really think this is the step to make everyone able to post, which i dont agree because everyone will copy and just find random stuff

4 Likes