Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

It’s gonna take a while for them to respond… All we gotta do is to stay patient…

3 Likes

We’ve all been patient, myself included as I’m an early October sender, but there’s nothing wrong with asking questions to figure out a rough estimation as to when results will be posted. March 7th is when it will be 6 months since they opened these applications again. Since they do this in batches and Minty mentioned having them assist in fixing his/her application, we shouldn’t be much longer from getting results.

5 Likes

Okay! I wish you the best of luck on getting accepted tho!

1 Like

just so yall know heres an update from someone who actually got accepted

i applied within like the first hour of applications being released and was one of maybe 10-20 people accepted (idk how many exactly barely any) on december 29th alongside the others. some people who applied the same day haven’t had a response yet so no clue when they’re coming in

just know its probably gonna be a while so don’t count on it soon when people from september, probably even the first day, still havent had a response

also, you don’t get a confirmation email that you submitted the application, and there haven’t been any denials that have gone out so no response isn’t a denial. age used to be a requirement (15+) but not sure if it still applies (maybe it does not sure)

14 Likes

There needs to be more communication, automated or not, about this process.

I submitted an application and realized after submission that I didn’t even follow proper accessory creation ‘rules’, i.e tris limit, texture size limit, etc., so now I’m sitting here wondering if I can even resubmit an application because I haven’t received a denial at all, nor do they specify if that’s allowed or when it’s possible for me to do so.

Why is it such a hassle to ask for the most bottom-of-the-barrel communication from this company at every turn?

18 Likes

You can try to re apply with a recent model again if you can, that’s what I did hoping that they won’t count the 1st application.

True, they should at least use automatic answers to send decline letters, so we can be sure if it was reviewed or not… But yes we have to wait and see.

1 Like

the tris doesnt matter on the aplication, only matters on the actually UGC When ur posting it

I got partually accepted. Mean I have a 50/50 of getting accept or declined. I forgot to turn my stuff into accessory format to i resent it. Im still waiting for response

2 Likes

I applied last month and my 1st application took a full year to get reviewed and im a she/her

2 Likes

Good luck, hope you get accepted !

4 Likes

I can’t find out how to reply to the actual post so ill just reply to this. For anyone who is confused, there is a good video by “Robuilder” that shows step by step what you need to do when making a model to get into UGC it has everything you would need, texture size, tri, and poly limit, how to make it into an accessory format, ETC if you follow the video you should have no issues related to the actual model.

4 Likes

Is this confirmed in any way, cause I would imagine they would check for that so the submitter is aware and knows the rules when uploading UGC properly.

In any case, I’ll attempt to resubmit and see what happens. The worst they can do is warn me or something lol

1 Like

I doubt it unless they changed the reqs, however, you can decimate the model to reduce the verts and tris

2 Likes

I still waiting it take longer than 3 months

2 Likes

patience is key i’ve applied in like september and got message just a day before 2023 started

5 Likes

its cool really, if u resubmit it will take more time for them to answer, on previous applications we could send stuff with the tris we wanted so i guess this oe is the same, even because alot of people sent sculpted models which even decimated has alot of tris and some of them has been accepted, so the amount of tris that u send on the application doesnt make any difference, but its good practice to have the items on the parementers

1 Like

Just wondering, how many times did you submit the application?

4 Likes

i have only submitted an application once and just been patient about it

5 Likes

Applied again. I’m way better at 3D modeling and building than I was before (a few months ago). Hoping to get accepted now!

2 Likes

Would it matter if we add on to our portfolio after submitting the application or would I need to resubmit an application?
(Also I think I misunderstood the ‘send a copy of your portfolio’ question, what is the correct way to do this?)

4 Likes