Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

u should’ve already gotten a response but if u didnt get a response it may be that u did something wrong. do you have a ugc portofolio or just a showcase of your work that i can see? the skills are the most important thing in the application

2 Likes

This is true but it is not helpful on our end. (That is Roblox’s doing though, not yours.) I don’t think its a good idea for them to just ignore applications unless its just blatant spam.

4 Likes

Wait what is the age you need to be to apply to UGC?

If I remember correctly, you must be at least 15 or 16 years old

1 Like

how long did the previous waves usually take for responses? I sent my application on October 22nd but still haven’t heard back

Alright, thank you. I was checking just in case.

1 Like

I think the response will only appear if the Topic get closed, so after 4 months… Current month is March, somewhere around June or July we will get responses…

They are probably busy with UGC Limiteds ? Just a thought

4 Likes

Could be possible, but we have to wait and see

1 Like

Some people said it usually takes 3-5 months.

Yes but they get the privilege to upload for just having a big following or being known as a trusted user yet most of them break tos and not for being a ugc creator by entering the program based on skill so why cant any one else get that luxury of applying for upload status. Also didnt roblox say in a conference that they plan to go public in the future so it wouldn’t matter?

1 Like

Roblox also said they wanted to do NFT’s, but look at how that went. They changed their minds on it for good reason.

I’m not here to argue why Star creators should or shouldn’t have upload permissions. The fact is that they have them. They are influencers on the platform which makes them trusted by the company and, naturally, they were extended a (limited) version of upload permissions. I’m not going to argue on the general absolute on whether they violate the rules, only that Roblox viewed it in the star creators and their interests to give them upload permissions.

You complain about anyone else getting upload permissions, but you entirely forget that most of us are here because we applied for upload permissions. While you are unaware, most people here have applied for UGC to obtain upload status. I don’t know what gave you the impression that only Star Creators could upload items nor the fact that we couldn’t apply for said permissions (this is an application thread). I disagree as well that just because some star creators cannot make well crafted/refined works to sell that anyone else of equal or lesser “skill,” should be allowed to do the same. Star Creators have the advantage of an audience they can cater to that allows for guaranteed sales, something you won’t see from a (by no means to offend anyone) nobody. I do not believe Roblox should allow for public UGC in any sense, especially how the market is already being flooded with accessories left and right.

I once again repeat, just because you own a group doesn’t mean you are entitled to UGC/upload permissions. You can put in the work like the rest of us and apply for the permissions yourself.

3 Likes

all I got was a good job from the dev who looked at my application I wasent told if I was accept yet. witch was 2 weeks ago when i got it.

1 Like

To my knowledge, no one has gotten any response from any moderator who reviews the applications. It’s miraculous that you not only got a response for your application, but a compliment as well. While not a guarantee you are getting in, I have confidence you will definitely be on the “Yes,” list.

2 Likes

UPD: Since making this post i’ve gotten into UGC and it looks like it’ll be in waves.

14 Likes

I hope you dont mind but I have a few questions. Could I ask how long it took for you to get in and when you were accepted? I’m not too sure how the process works all that much and there doesnt seem to be many talking about after being accepted

3 Likes

Me and Type got accepted in the same wave.

We applied 5 months ago, we got accepted on the 28th of december.
You just need to fill in the application and be patient, it may take longer now as theres a ton more applicants. Bare in mind 5 months is for a response, if they say no you will need to re-apply.

13 Likes

Thank you for responding :slight_smile: Does this mean you applied in October? Or five months prior to December? I applied on the 19th November, so it’s been around 4 months. Hopefully that means it wont be much longer, but who know, it could take more due to the number of applicants like you said

6 Likes

so whens the next wave because iv been waiting 6 months and it looks like ima have to apply again

4 Likes

I applied in March, so it means that my response will appear in 4 months then