Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

UGC, User Generated Content, is published information that an unpaid contributor provides to a website.

To some extent, yes it might be a job logically, but as how I see it, it really isn’t a job.
You apply to gain access to additional features, the program was made to be for users in order to prevent issues about it, but ever since the cause of bypassing moderation UGC content came it went all downhill, now they barely care about this program since it’ll be accessible to all users on the platform. “All creators can publish avatar items to the Marketplace, including Limiteds (Late 2023)

Plus, having a portfolio or not, is not a partial meaning if you don’t have experience overall with modeling knowledge or either texturing knowledge.
A portfolio may be a good way to show what you can do to the platform, but also this makes the problems also that it makes itself a requirement for a person to have a portfolio, which for a modeler with 5 years of experience, it’s my first time actually needing to use one.

In my belief, it isn’t a job, but a contribution. A real job is working in Roblox HQ in any position.

8 Likes

it didnt passed 1 year since the applications are open so he is lying

1 Like

I agree with the “job” part but they can’t accept people eyes closed without having a look at their other projects or improvements at least. The only thing is just the waiting time that is a bit too much

Yes, if they are going through with UGC going public then all of what I just said now wouldn’t matter anymore…

4 Likes

I’ve just submitted my UGC application, and the lack of a confirmation email after sending in all of the files is quite stressful. I’m now slightly worried that I’ve done the application wrong or the application wasn’t received properly. I followed the instructions and answered the questions to the best of my abilities, but there’s still that lingering fear.

Praying for the best! :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

well you will know in about 6-8 months if they even answer

1 Like

Wow actually did it take some weeks?? If you mind checking my post of my UGCs i would appreciate that i want to see if they are good enough or i need to upload+ make more Thx

1 Like

Do you require to have a guilded account i dont know or im not sure i even have

1 Like

6 days left until It’s been 4 months since I’ve last applied, I currently have around 37 UGC items made for when I get in the program to start cooking up some UGC stuff in Maya.

1 Like

I really wonder what the market will look like after everyone gets access.

2 Likes

So far I do understand the reasonable conclusion you’ve come up with, though I cannot really agree with using artificial methods of information as a way to consider a user accepted to the application. A portfolio can be easily altered and there are not many ways to consider the portfolio’s information to be the truth.

It’s similar to the situation with the Voice Channel applications, you could just use anything to get accepted onto the application no matter what, but obviously somehow magically warned later on.

The application could have been declined obviously, that is a considerable possibility.
Are you even told that you applied in any visible location? Like an email directly to you notifying you that you’ve applied??

I think if its does get released to everyone then we will see alot more issues with it based off what happened when it was turned to fully open for everyone when the market was bombarded with copy’s of roblox stuff and copy’s of other peoples ugc creation’s.

2 Likes

i ve been waiting for 6 months, good luck

Im having a hard time understanding this:

Do i have to uhm, make multitudes of models in a form of a portfolio…?

3 Likes

yeah i didnt understood either, i altough created an experience post and placed my UGC pictures there

I recently just applied for the UGC program, and I put a decent amount of effort into my application, wishing everyone the best of luck!

Best Regards,
xTrickedgix

5 Likes

???
firefox_yKDiUrRFyl

5 Likes

Did you click on a old application link? Or did you submit through this thread? And when did you submit?

4 Likes

i asked roblox support, since ive been waiting for half a year with no news i wanted to ask if my application was even registered, and got this as a response just recently

1 Like

Hoping Roblox is still reviewing UGC applications and didn’t just stop all of them because of UGC going public later this year.

4 Likes