Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

I assume this is a copy and paste response that they haven’t yet updated. People have still been getting accepted into the program up to just a few days ago, and from what I gathered, they submitted their applications late last year. They’re still very behind on reviewing them but it doesn’t seem they’ve given up just yet.

5 Likes

yeah they answered me the sam thing when i asked if i had done something wrong on the application form, i the mods have old information

is there a date for it going public?

2 Likes

It’s going public this year?
Where did ROBOX say that?

Though I get why it may be going public soon because of the fee with creating hats and stuff like audio back in the day, except the fee is bigger cause its catalog items.

Still if this is true im excited to see where this can lead the catalog to, though likely will also provide some terrible looking items lol.

2 Likes

Prob Q3/Q4 this year which is inbetween July and December.

Though wouldn’t count on Q3, more likely late Q4 but I guess roblox can surprise us with it.

2 Likes

Well, after 7 months and 2 weeks, I got my acceptance letter. Just to keep the train going, they are stilling accepting people into the program, it’s just most accepted haven’t posted their results here. Keep in mind they are not accepting people by order of chronology. It’s mostly on chance of someone stumbling upon your application on a presumably big list of applicants. Good luck to any of you who are still waiting longer then me and I truly do wish you the best of luck!

21 Likes

damn, thats somthing pretty unfair, they should ve answer in order, so that means that if i re apply i will have more chnage of htem finally checking it?

6 Likes

Wow! Congratulations, that it’s a very big amount of time, I submitted mine 2 weeks ago so I hope I don’t have to wait that much!

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting 9 months. I might re-apply at this point, what do yall think?

5 Likes

No I recommend against that, if you did the application right like filled in the necessary information, you have to wait before you get a response. You will be waiting for a long time because the moderators review these applications in waves. Plus there are a bunch of applicants.

However I get how you feel, but re-applying whilst having a pending application wouldn’t make the application go faster for you. This also might cause a delay in other people’s applications being moderated also. I don’t know much about the system apart from you have to wait a long time.

2 Likes

Almost everyone here keeps saying that you might end up waiting longer if you submit another application, but there is no indicator of that being the reality, especially with how it is right now. There’s no evidence to suggest that putting in one or more applications, especially if they are improved from the initial one, would hinder your wait time. 9 months is shockingly long, however this application opened up in September so you would actually be 8 months out unless you applied via another link. Ultimately, it’s up to you on whether you upload another application.

4 Likes

If you dont got any response, that means you filled application wrong.
Or just wait until you get response but most likely you wont get any

2 Likes

oh yeah, ur right its 8 months but yeah still a very long time nonetheless

So after 9 months of waiting I finally got accepted into the UGC Program! I’m very excited but I have a question to everyone that has been accepted, how long does it take for a staff member/dev to get in contact with you? I already did the final survey and added Moxyll and Rockdetboy on Guilded.

5 Likes

For the UGC item upload permission, it is around 14 days. You do not have to be contacted by a staff member/dev to recieve the perms, but the contact is usually 7-10 days after. I got contacted and recieved my permissions at the same time(14 days after being accepted)

I hope this helps :+1:

5 Likes

ROBLOX said it in Creator Roadmap. They announced it would happen late 2023.

Wish me luck, I just submitted my application.

20 Likes

Yes I saw it earlier today whilst looking through things.

1 Like

Looks good! hope you get in.
Also UGC becomes public in late 2023 as some people mentioned by now.

1 Like

A little late for applications isn’t it… haha… :sweat_smile:

1 Like