Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

Yeah, they plan on having UGC go public, which I don’t mind so I can finally make more funds through creative works other than clothing…

3 Likes

I actually don’t like the idea for many reasons. Imagine seeing really bad UGC up for sale. The catalog has a high chance of being filled with really unpleasing models.

2 Likes

true i ve applied around 7 months ago and still nothing… idk what to do just waiting basicly, they should at least give us a confirmation email when they get the application

6 Likes

The creation fee is 750 Robux from what I’ve seen and been told. Hope this helps!

5 Likes

I hope they make an algorithm to filter out those items which are bad and unpleasing models :+1::+1:

While this will fill up the catalog with unuseful and inappropiate items unless ROBLOX does something unexpected(try to moderate those items), this will help ROBLOX in the money part a little, since they might not approve some items, people will try to upload again and ROBLOX will take 750 robux each time, and imagine people doing this in mass scale.

Yes, it will ruin ROBLOX’s reputation to a lot of people, but it might help ROBLOX make more money because there are a lot lot more UGC items to choose from, more upload fees etc.

8 Likes

I hope they have a way to moderate it soon, they can’t even moderate what they have now sadly. :confused:

4 Likes

But that creation fee it’s now applied or it will just apply when it becomes public?

2 Likes

Yes… they are literally autoclicking the approve button right now :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

It’s already applied for UGC creators, and I don’t expect it to go away if it’s in the private selection.

4 Likes

I’ve applied to this, although I only just got access to be allowed to post and comment. Would it be a good idea to resubmit the application when I am able to post my portfolio on here, or should I just link my DevForum to Talenthub and they’ll see it?

5 Likes

For 6 months, I studied almost from scratch and dreamed of getting into the post of a person who does his favorite thing and makes a profit from it. Bottom line: I have already written 3+ applications in January, March and May, I wrote to those support with the question of which application to fill out - the old one, or the new permanent one. The responses of different moderators varied. There are no responses to my requests.

6 Likes

I’ve gotten the email confirming I’ve been accepted back in April on the 20th, I completed the survey within the email. It was brought up to my attention that it should’ve taken a day or two for me to have uploading access after the survey was completed. I don’t really know what to do about it now and I have no additional emails or Guilded DM’s from any staff. I wonder if something wrong has occurred with mine :joy:

9 Likes

hey, did you get your guilded invite? I was accepted on May 5th but still haven’t got any response from them, so its been a month already

7 Likes

Same issue here, I’m waiting for a month now, but our wave passers have already received permissions so it will be hard for us to get them

4 Likes

Luckily in my case, I got it today around noon. I’m just waiting now for access to publish to be granted. I hope you get what your waiting for soon!

4 Likes

Oh great. Have you messaged Rockdetboy? Or they just sent the invite

3 Likes

Well technically both, received an invite and I responded back.

4 Likes

Hey, I just got accepted after 7 months so don’t worry, they are still reviewing applications.

8 Likes

i applied back in april on the 7th and got no response no email no nothing sadly

2 Likes

I applied in October last year, I had around 6 items in my portfolio when I applied. I have uploaded a good amount of new potential items onto my twitter and talent hub. Still no response but I’m hoping they check these considering how much I improved the more I practiced.

5 Likes