Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

thanks i tried that and it worked but i dont get how to link a portfolio like where do i put the link

3 Likes

I assume that you’re talking about DevEx rates;

Roblox can’t go above 30%, you can’t just ask Roblox to increase rates without being aware of what happens behind the curtains. Developers also get 30% of revenue for a good reason.

Roblox pays for services that keeps our games live such as datastores, servers, website maintenance, even paying their employees! They also gave everyone access to advertise their games/groups on their website.
Roblox is what is getting people to buy your UGC items in the first place.

Why does Steam take less revenue? Because you’re the one who pays to keep your game’s servers up, not like Steam pays for any services except getting your game out there in the public that is more complicated than publishing your game on Roblox.

9 Likes

The game I am making will require clothing & gear that I create.
A Pants will have certain quality value, different for Shirt, Shoes, Hat etc.
I will need to attach an AssetID for the scripting checks & then player skills get updated.
(Used to adjust/improve Health, Speed, Aim - etc).

To have these in my game, including selling them to my players, does this mean I have to join the UGC creators group, to create gear to use in my own game ?
Or is the UGC basically for selling to any players outside our games ?

Thanks in advance.

10 Likes

Indeed, they UGC Application, since updates was changed they respond submitted on application declined on robloxians and all for many hats or accessory and many more, but for reviewed on avatar UGC (including 3D faces) in the period, at they least 50% discount but a single creator clothing designers in the application against downfall.

That is the real reasons for updates UGC but not with downfall since applications declined.

3 Likes

I have really mixed feelings about this.

First of all, they say “Multiple weeks” knowing they aren’t the best with time, I’m assuming that’ll be around two months.

Next, it’s going to be so much harder for people to actually make money off the program, getting creative is also going to be super hard. And I’m wondering now it’s just as long as you’re good, you’ll get accepted?

6 Likes

I have a question. As the application period expands indefinitely, will users not be able to submit their applications until they receive a reply?
the deadline seems to be missing for the answer to the application.

2 Likes

I will try this looks so nice to create my own items

3 Likes

They never give a deadline for application results until some people have been accepted, just know it takes weeks and weeks for a reply

2 Likes

I’m just wondering but what does a Talent Hub portfolio look like?

3 Likes

Great to see a more expandable UGC developer experience, one step closer to the metaverse! :smile:

5 Likes

Where do I create a portfolio? I looked on the form like it said, and couldn’t find anything.

10 Likes

its kinda weird but you see that gap where it says
"add images of you creation to a "
and
"portfolio and link it here for us to see

theres a white link for the talent hub in between that gap for some reason

im not sure where to put the link tho

5 Likes

I share a similar concern now that you mention it. It took roughly 4-5 months to respond to the last batch of applications.

Is the process going to be streamlined because it would be really disappointing to see applications being responded to a year or two later.

Otherwise, I think this is a great change and really gives talented creators to come up with new and original content without feeling rushed. Great job, Roblox.

6 Likes

I am very happy about it honestly!

1 Like

So you have to sign an NDA in the program?

1 Like

I can only upload one image?

11 Likes

Put the images in a folder then make it a .zip file then put the zip file there.

11 Likes

Yes you do need to sign one once ur in the program!

4 Likes

what is the average time it takes to get a response

7 Likes

Nice! I’ve wanted to get more into modeling, so I might apply sometime.

And when will UGC be open for everyone and no longer application only?

Also are there any age requirements for this/ID verification required? I don’t see anything on this post and could find anything, so I assume no? (If not correct me please).

Oh, and, you might wanna fix the application site…
Link is invisible, lol.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

11 Likes