Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

Is this portfolio good?

4 Likes

that i mean they can but its the same as why they keep breaking roblox when they update becuse the engine is old they cant just make all new website using another engine and try and transfer everyones data over becuse they would loose it all or possible corrupt data and sadly theres alot of players that has played way back in the day when tix was a thing but as a whole im pretty sure if they wanted to make it more better they could but not really anyone can do since theres some user names thats with numbers and stuff

3 Likes

so imma drop this info here for everyone this is coming in the new update

Roblox is requiring Premium 1000 (or 2200) to upload UGC, the base tier will not give you access (and this subscription is indefinitely required – or your items go offsale)

I used R$ buy rate because isn’t this the whole reason for this new update? - (UGC for all) make ugc public, meaning a LOT of new creators without preexisting robux? :slight_smile:

even using devex rates – UGC creators pay the highest upload fees, while paying the highest tax on the platform

16 Likes

Where can I find the link to the actual application to do UGC?
I keep finding links to links and even dead links, but no application.
Thanks.

5 Likes

UGC will be available to everyone in very near future, as we can see on the Roadmap, so I don’t think there’s an actual point to send an application.

6 Likes

not exactly becuse worth it becuse not alot are being accepted anymore
like they are ignoreing our applications

2 Likes

I would still like to try, is there a link to do the application?

3 Likes

I think you better to wait, they said for october UGC become public so not have sense doing now application when october is so close!

2 Likes

at the very top of the page on this thread which i think still works
if not then they aint updated it

3 Likes

bro i seriously wanted UGC but roblox ruined it. i cant afford premuim

4 Likes

What is Roblox thinking… Smh. I can’t believe they keep making EA decisions.

4 Likes

I forget about premium sometimes, I am a bit old school, where I had the ‘lifetime outrageous builders club’ which eventually was converted to lifetime premium.

Sadly I don’t see a link at the top of this post, there is one for the actual UGC program which has a broken link, then one for community guidelines.
If you happen to have a link, I would ask you post it.

I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens.

5 Likes

yea ive been around since tix and builderman program they had before they did the modern change

2 Likes

alot cant same situation rn you have to pay 750 for upload of 1 item you only make 30% of that sale roblox takes 70% now keep in mind it use to be this way for gamepasses and clothes too till we complained

4 Likes

The application system was a hit and miss for many people and I’m honestly very disappointed with how unreliable it was for many skillful 3D artists. On my own behalf, I am frustrated with this outcome from applying earlier this year and having no response. Seeing other people benefit from the platform while I was unable just makes it feel so unfair. The wave system was managed like a second thought; it would be a damn miracle if you even got accepted in the first place.

In terms of stock, I feel like that doesn’t suit Roblox as trying to input features that mimic real world issues. Isn’t the virtual world supposed to be immune from all the problems of real life?

And to the potential change coming soon, I would advise Roblox to have a look at the applications that have been sent even though it’s planned to be open for everyone at some point this year. UGC has been on Roblox since 2019, and trying to change things in one big step never goes well with the rest of the community. Those people who were considerably late to applying or just never got accepted are completely left in the abyss. Simply reviewing these applicants and rethinking their current plans for public UGC is exactly what Roblox needs as of right now, looking at the current state of the marketplace.

13 Likes

Is Roblox still reviewing applications? I noticed the section for the link is gone but I still managed to find it. I plan on applying today or tomorrow.

4 Likes

the link is unactive so mostly no becuse they are focused on the public release

4 Likes

for more info please scroll up to 1028 where i posted alot more info on it for yan it will require premuim either way no matter if yourt public or ugc creator

4 Likes

dosen’t it say "Premium will be required to upload (for groups only), publish and required to sell

so don’t we need premium only if we use a group for our ugc?

3 Likes

What is seems to be is that for groups you have to have a premium membership of $9.99 USD/mo or $19.99 USD/mo to upload avatar items while if you upload it on your profile you have to pay a 750 R$ upload fee. This is just my assumption though.

Edit: I just found a page about Martketplace Fees and commissions. This page states, “When uploading, accessories and clothing require an upload fee of 750 Robux per submission.” If you are still skeptical about it you should definitely check it out via the link I attached.

UGC Market Fees & Commissions

3 Likes