Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

To answer the last part we all will be required to have premuim as a busniess stand point myself i see why they are doing it 1 they talk to there investors becuse thats whats bringing them the most money. so to break it down most companys focus on there investors there for what ever they make off the consumer just adds to the income now heres what i mean where i say i get it as a busniess point of view. take avatar games slap the perment purchase button prompt in easy money there for the player can buy the said items on the spot. now for the ugc if the ugc creator already has premuim then roblox just takes the % cut they get for sales and off the 750 upload fee now for the public ugc its more so geared to non mature kids becuse they are the ones who begs there parents for robux and thats where the money maker is. now downside to this if this rolls out ugc prices will go up 2x more then what they are now sadly alot of people uses this as there main income and alot have said even as a small creator right now they do not make enough.

6 Likes

That’s the thing, but the benefit of joining the UGC program is that you are able to create regular UGC items, whereas if you are getting access through the new public UGC, you can only make limited UGC items.

Considering all the new updates that are happening, I am quite disappointed with how ROBLOX is going about this.

I wish all the new creators like myself when public UGC comes out the best of luck! It’ll be difficult for us who don’t have all the profits and income like all the other UGC creators do.

14 Likes

Yes at start is like that but after same the UGC Creator did application near future can do only limiteds, its basically is for all UGC Creator not only for the public one new creators.

4 Likes

Almost a year and i didn’t get any response.

4 Likes

It’s just feeling very unfair when someone from youtube or popular devs getting it SO FAST, while you have to wait year/2

4 Likes

and mostly this devs dont even know how to model… but they still getting it somehow

3 Likes

Yeah… I know that, and it’s stupid. I was “okay” with premium and “okay” with requiring verification. Not anything else.

3 Likes

I really feel like there is something they can, at the very least, find the silver lining. What I mean by that is, for example, allowing smaller creators to get at least 1-2 months of premium to help them get started. A lot of smaller creators might not be able to grow as fast. On the other hand, I understand why they are doing this, and one reason could be to help reduce the random content being uploaded. UGC creators have often taken items from Roblox that were already created, like the Valks, etc., and they just remake the mesh or recolor it or add something different.

What I’m worried about is how big of an impact it will have on everyone, not only players but also the more well-known and smaller creators. Because I’m all for supporting everyone, if it helps them get their name out there and continue doing what they do, I’m all for supporting them and seeing where the journey takes them.

5 Likes

Hello, I would like to contact you because I have never received any feedback on my UGC creator application? Is this normal, a friend of mine applied and two days later he got a response whereas I applied 3 months ago I got 0 feedback and what’s more I sent back an application there 'at 1 week. I am waiting to hear from you, thank you.

5 Likes

Have UGC Applications been closed? I have applied 2 months ago, yet I have received no response.

5 Likes

yeah i think they have, link’s been removed from the website & i can’t find it anywhere

4 Likes

i also applied 6 months ago never got a answer i then resubmitted and still nothing i think they removed the application link becuse of them releasing the public ugc which requires premuim for both ugc creators and public.

7 Likes

Wow, nice… waiting for response since you created this topic, lol.

3 Likes

same problem thing, i put all what i can to application, and we not even got a response.

2 Likes

i apllied 11 months ago and still nothing and this month its comming public UGC this is so unfair

5 Likes

i applyed same some months ago like the start of year or last year 2022 but never got any response sadly, and i know how you feel i think Public UGC is last chance we have to can get into program but problem they would make alot changes i’m not sure are good.

6 Likes

well with that said publix ugc requires you to stay on premuim subscriptions to be able to do it and from what ive been told is that you will have to use real cash to refill the quinity of the item if sold out

2 Likes

real cash or robux for refill?!

1 Like

from what i keep seeing is cash

2 Likes

Here is my ugc portfolio.

3 Likes