Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

I think Roblox should consider giving this feature to all “Top Devs” since the beta for voice chat worked and every “Top Dev” is probably within good standing of the community standards. It would also improve some Devs monetization (like some of the RDC was geared towards.) and it will allow for developers that barely infringe on the community standards to have more of a shot at getting into the program. Since a lot of the top developers are not 3D modelers themselves, they hire people to make 3D models for them. So allowing the developers to upload and distribute the content they paid for (Instead of them having someone else upload it and get all the monetization from the product) would be a great improvement to this program!

6 Likes

That’s basically a monopoly. The bigger developers are going to get richer and smaller developers can’t compete.

5 Likes

I noticed that the application has a field for a Twitter handle. Is this required?

4 Likes

Try clearing the application page’s cookies and site data.

5 Likes

Twitter has been a popular social media for most of the developers on Roblox for quite a while now. Roblox wants to know what is your standing in the community, so they can get to know you better. I am not sure if it is required, but it can definitely improve your chances of getting in the UGC Program!

4 Likes

Great idea, I already did that and it worked! Thanks for the contribution though!

7 Likes

Not required. I got past the page without entering one. All other fields on the page are mandatory.

7 Likes

This is really cool. The one problem is I’m worried that there will be so so many UGC creators that it’s going to be hard to find others. But at least it’s application based and not instant acceptance.

8 Likes

if you dont get a response within like 2 weeks i think that mean they didnt accept you they dont tell you if you dont get accepted only if you do

unless you waited 7 months and then got accepted …

3 Likes

Since they added star creators to the program already I would only think its fair to them as they should have more opportunities to make game merch. Roblox says they want to expand this forever, so it wouldn’t be monopolistic. It just gives them more ways to monetize their game. (Roblox takes like 70% of the funds from UGC hats so there is no monopoly in terms of Top Devs, its Roblox taking most of the money from your assets.)

10 Likes

Well I got a response after 7 months and got an email on the devforum about my rejected application…

6 Likes

Great, looking forward to the opportunity to join the program.

5 Likes

well I hope they don’t take 7 months for me

4 Likes

I think it will be since the applications are open permanently

4 Likes

What did you put for the Talent Hub portfolio? I’m unable to submit my application because I’m not sure what to put in that field.

3 Likes

I put the link that’s takes you to your portfolio

4 Likes

Is that your creator page?

5 Likes

Me wondering if you can send Roblox, a Minecraft download :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::skull::skull::skull::skull::hammer::hammer:

Roblox: "You have violated the rule 838494948: playing Minecraft :skull: , say goodbye!! :smiley: "

12 Likes

https://pizzahutlover112.wixsite.com/website this is what I put

2 Likes

But that’s not on the Talent Hub. Do you think we can just put a link to our custom portfolios instead?

3 Likes