Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

you can put a link to any portfolio i made one here on the forum which is the one im going to be putting in the box that says “link to portfolio” since its a full one of everything i have done i recommend you do that to

for the place where it says put images you can just get an image of your ugc idea and bring it into photoshop to decorate and describe it instead of using a website to put the images on

3 Likes

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a d b

1 Like

I have a question. When exporting the object from roblox to a RBMX file, The object can be as a mesh part or it needs to be as an accesory ?

Because that part in the survey is confusing

2 Likes

It needs to be an accessory, it is specified in the application

9 Likes

Oh, ok. I didn’t relase when i read it. Sorry and Thanks!!

3 Likes

It’s alright, no worries on that! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

How long as it been taking you guys to be accepted?

1 Like

maybe dont make a portfolio on the forum i made one yesterday and it got taken down within like 5 hours since they locked the portfolio catagory to regulars i used creatoin feedback since thats what everyone else uses but it still got taken down :frowning: they said use talent hub but theres a 2000 letter limit so its kinda bad

9 Likes

I’ve been trying for years and now this happens. will I actually be let in this time? .-.

3 Likes

yeah and I tried asking people in ugc if they refer me to roblox and none would -.- I assume they want all the glory to themselves

i went to open the application since i havent finished it yet but all my progress was gone has this happened to anyone else i was almost done

also when i put in my birth date normally it took me to the next page but this time it just said thanks your response has been recorded?

6 Likes

I don’t think they want to go into their emails just to try getting another person in the UGC program. It’s not about them wanting all the money for them, its just there is really no way to refer people for UGC.

6 Likes

Do they check your twitter? Like, when they’re reviewing your UGC application?

3 Likes

I assume the twitter aspect is to see what sort of person you are. This is something that companies do in the industry too, they look at your social medias to gauge what sort of person you are, and seeing if you’re a good look for the program.

Genuinely nothing to worry about as such, keep calm and collected.

9 Likes

Yep, and you need to work on your own models and do not do references that can be copyrighted by movies, series, games ect… Like, doing a hat from a serie or a character. They will avoid taking people that will do copyright objects, (as far as I think).

5 Likes

You will probably have to wait a couple of months, even though the UGC catalogue application is now open permanently, they probably still work through the submissions in waves to make it more organised.

And before they were open permanently they would wait until they’d looked through all of the submissions and then they would decide who has the most unique style and who they think would make the most out of their time as a UGC creator.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. This program is to showcase the creativity of people and those applying need to be weary of that, because when you’re in the program, it’s a very high-profile position in the community, so you have to be in good standing, but also respectful to those around you, and respectful of whatever is said to you.

Copyright is a whole different can of beans, because there’s a very fine line of what is and is not considered copyright, so yeah, your point was right on the nose because they’ll be looking out for that as well. I have had my own set of challenges with copyright, so in order to circumvent those, you have to take a whole different approach to what you want to model.

9 Likes

i can’t submit an app (word count)

2 Likes

fixed issue but what’s the age limit for submitting UGC items

1 Like

What if i made a model based off of a movie i made?

6 Likes