Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

It probably won’t open because UGC access will be given to everyone in early 2024

4 Likes

Its isnt UGC Public how everyone called it, its from Jan 15 require Verified ID and Premium 1k or 2k, UGC Public is another future thing isnt there yet.

9 Likes

I’m not talking about the policy after January 15, I’m talking about the public UGC access mentioned in RDC23. It should be given within the first 3 months of 2024(i not sure).

2 Likes

I think at some point is better if they update policy for the 15 jan with ID Verification and premium 1k or 2k and cancelling the future update about the UGC public, because would be a real disaster.

4 Likes

I hope not - public UGC would be terrible. Just putting more strain on an already flawed moderation system…

5 Likes

Same. I’ve sent multiple applications which have all been ignored, and it hurts to see given how gosh awful most of the UGC catalog is. I could teach my 4 year old niece to make better items in blender in a week than half the items on the catalog nowadays.

4 Likes

i kinda wanna see if the UGC program is really gonna be Public In 2024 cuz i’ve wanted to upload UGC myself to earn Robux to help me with my Funds For my game and well i do hope it goes public to certain people.

6 Likes

Roblox will do what it always does…not listen to players

3 Likes

Roblox will do what it always does…not listen to players.

4 Likes

I have a question now since 15 Jan i can start upload my first UGC, from the first sales of one item how much i earn i mean the first sale not the reselling by users, i know the reselling by player i get 10% but i dont understand if the first sale u get 30% or always 10%?? (For first sale i mean when the item still in stock)

1 Like

I think public ugc is not coming out on the 15th!

3 Likes

I know that but 16 jan is the ID Verification and premium 1k or 2k requirments i know its isnt UGC Public, but i have verified my ID and alredy have the 2k premium membership

Sorry but what do you mean ? Could you explain what’s happening on 16 jan

1 Like

New UGC Program Requirments ID Verified plus u need Premium 1k or 2k, they gave 30 days of grace for who has 450 premium to give time to upgrade to 1k or 2k ones, there other info u should read if you want from Twitter RTC where they post the news too.

5 Likes

I’ve had an application pending for a whole year now, when will it get reviewed?

2 Likes

I am a bit confused, the public UGC you guys mean is like let everyone upload UGC for free? I am not in the UGC program, but if I buy premium tomorrow will I be able to upload UGC?

1 Like

No , you won’t.

There are two announcements

1. UGC will become public beginning of 2024 (then you will be able to upload UGC)

2. 15th of January all participants in the UGC program who were approved to become UGC creators will need a premium if they want to keep their status as well as if they do not have premium all of the uploaded UGC items will be taken of sale . They will have to manually put them back on sale once they get premium.

Hope that makes sense.

PS
To all those who are talking about how bad it will be when UGC becomes public. Guys please stop it.
It will be bad for you as now you post 5 items and you make a fortune out of it and when it becomes public you will have to show some creativity in regards to be able to sell your items !!!
Bigger competition will only mean better marketplace with a lot more items.
Let’s not forget the time when classic clothes were not public where you search for something and you get 10 items. Now you have thousands of clothes coming up which you can choose from. Yes , the search engine algorithm is not ideal but it is 100% better than what it was.
I hope ROBLOX top guys don’t listen to the youtubers and developers who already make a fortune but give a chance to other people as well to show their creativity !!!

MAKE UGC PUBLIC SOONER RATHER THAN LATER

15 Likes

Does this mean you will have to apply for the program in order to distribute items?

1 Like

You wrong one point, its say who has ID Verification and Premium 1k or 2k can upload UGC Items, these are the new policy for UGC not only members of the program.

1 Like

You will able yes, there not only UGC Program members can this, these are the new policy for UGC Program requirments, she wrong this point, its isnt UGC Public you still need ID verification and Premium 1k or 2k.

3 Likes