Updates to Invites: Joining Friends Just Got Easier

The “Your friend has moved to a restricted part of the experience” banner appears even if the person you joined isn’t your friend (if somebody has their joins on)

2 Likes

Is this feature slowly rolling out? Because all of my friends plus my alt account already have this feature enabled but my main account does not have this feature yet.

1 Like

Interesting…
I haven’t seen no account not having that feature!

2 Likes

That’s weird but maybe it’s just a bug idk.

2 Likes

Good now it doesn’t go to their chat where no one looks.

1 Like

I know this is old but is there any way to disable this? I’m working on a game and if players join after the game starts they spawn in as invisible ghosts for spectating and having the “USER has joined you!” at the top of their screen really ruins the immersion especially since you’ll never see that player in the game at all.

3 Likes

Hey developers, we wanted to share an exciting follow-up on the impact of toast notifications. Since the launch of toast notifications, we’ve recorded a more than 200% increase in joins from Experience Invites! We’re hopeful that this new notification channel will make invites an even more powerful engagement tool for your experiences. If you haven’t already, check out the Player Invite Prompts feature to further optimize invites for your experiences.

1 Like

Is it possible to enable/disable this feature for accounts? My account hasn’t yet unlocked this feature for some weird reason.

and LaunchData still doesn’t work like always… so it’s still useless

An event like LocalPlayer.JoinNotification() would be a really nice feature, which if connected to would disable this banner.

Devs could then use that function to either “disable”, or make a more fitting notification that:

1. Matches the game’s style better (These banners do not fit my game’s ui style.)
  2. Wait for a good time to send the notification (Immersion like @ResumavoidDev said)…

This banner doesn’t fit well in many games with strict UI style, and can ruin immersion when popping up at certain times, I hope a solution is made for this issue.

(Even banner customization at the minimum; BackgroundColor3, BackgroundTransparency, CornerSize)

2 Likes

Just store launch data in a table and set the index to the invited players userId, when a player joins check if their userId is in the table, apply the variables, remove the entry from the table