Updates to Item Holding Periods [Marketplace]

Linkmon speaking straight facts as always

5 Likes

Abysmal, tone-deaf changes to the trading system. Clear lack of regard for community feedback.

13 Likes

Trading generally turns kids into scammers so this is a win in my book.

1 Like

Well, weā€™re 2 days away from this change, 210 responses and an overwhelming majority of them are against this, no response from Robloxā€™s end. Iā€™m really hoping for a response between now and then but if not and you guys are going to do this, I really donā€™t want to read the phrase ā€œyou are the lifeblood of Robloxā€ again.

Nobody from what Iā€™ve noticed is against the 30 ā†’ 7 day holding period for limited UGCs but anyone who trades with any form of frequency does not want this change. This is seriously going to kill trading, especially for people who trade a lot of low rap items frequently.

Tons of people (myself included) will be cancelling their premium subscription if this change happens, which is a net loss to you. A huge negative change like this is without any internal reform (namely how moderation works) is not a good way of patching up your issue of 8 year olds getting hacked because they put their passwords into sketch websites. This change will not work out in your favour.

15 Likes

Roblox has proven that they simply donā€™t care what the community has to say.

The fact that they havenā€™t responded to this overwhelming criticism is just nailing that reality in.

I am sick and tired of the disrespect Roblox is showing their developers and most loyal players.

13 Likes

Common Roblox disaster

Company is gonna ruin the entire side of the company that actually helps them make money: Developers & Traders

6 Likes

I am still pleading with many others backing me up, there must be another solution!

Thereā€™s been a ton of concerns surrounding this topic and what the future for the old limited items will look like, understand this has to be done to counteract hackers and scammers.

But I cannot see a future with trading if this roles out, much of the YouTube community bring this up constantly!

The dynamic startle and the fear may create a fluctuation in prices, a surge of sales and so now is a good time to purchase.

An yet we are uncertain of the impact this will reflect on users RAP.

This is potentially, day light robbery.

5 Likes

The update is already out for most if not all users and Iā€™m just gonna say, this update STINKS Iā€™m not gonna lie

2 Likes

For me its not out yet.

1 Like

Isnā€™t this just like steam temporary trade locks on new items?
This is literally Steam Support :: Steam Trade and Market Holds why are people angry?

2 Likes

me when i dont understand economics

2 Likes

No one likes this update mainly because trading (especially with smaller limited items) is a lot faster in terms of speed than you think. Many people trade items in less than 2 days and having to hold a 10k small for example for 2 days just to trade it off again is very annoying to many people who donā€™t have a lot of value.

4 Likes

Steam also does that, it holds new purchased items for the sake of security, I donā€™t see any cs players complaining about it.

3 Likes

CS trading and Roblox trading are very differentā€¦

4 Likes

how both platforms have high valuables items, poisons, dupes and common scams

1 Like

This is a quite odd update. Is this because of the issues with UGC limiteds?

2 Likes

Iā€™m still trying to think of any way this could benefit the Roblox economy, because people who buy premium want to trade, but if you limit that to at most 14-16 times maximum in a month they probably donā€™t want to trade as much anymore due to being able to constantly trade before and since the only benefit really of Roblox premium is trading more less in todayā€™s era Iā€™d assume a hefty chunk of people would most likely cancel their subscription since most traders in general at least trade that amount in a week if not a day.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re not comparable though, they work in completely different ways. Iā€™d recommend you donā€™t comment on something that you clearly donā€™t even understand. Itā€™s hilarious that the only people defending this useless update are non-traders who act like they know more about how trading works than actual traders.

11 Likes

Steam doesnā€™t hold items if you have a mobile authenticator on. Roblox is forcing this hold on absolutely everyone, no matter if the trade is equal on RAP or not.

8 Likes

Well for the sake security, roblox should follow steam path, of removing this restriction on accounts with 2fa or better security and rap should play a role too like you said.

3 Likes