Updates to the Roblox Terms of Use [May 2024]

Announcing that our creations will be (possibly retroactively!) used to train AI models unless we specifically tell them not to through a support ticket is indeed something of interest, to put it lightly.

16 Likes

Where are you getting this from, exactly? This is news to me.

7 Likes

If this was opt-in, they would have specified that it was, it like they did with personalized advertising.

7 Likes

Where’s the bit about the support ticket and the retroactivity?

7 Likes

I don’t know much, but the new ads creator shouldn’t be limited to 18+ users only.

8 Likes

Yes… please. I need a opt-out option!

10 Likes

Agree, now all we’re gonna see is not new developers with a passion! we’re gonna see the same big guys…

Fix your game @Roblox, you’re very out of touch with your community.

7 Likes

Retroactivity as in that your old places, models, etc. will be included in this effect, given that you use the accounts they’re hosted on after June 12, 2024.

I’ll admit that I was thrown off by the first FAQ question. They’ll probably have a different model than a support ticket, probably some sort of way to edit it through settings.

9 Likes

What was good @Roblox, is that we can ban people.
I like that, but you really need to listen to your community for once.

5 Likes

At this point Roblox can literally do whatever they want with your data and any content you upload to the platform. Roblox keeps talking about how they want to scale up to all ages and make a global platform that mimics the real world, but none of these practices would be acceptable in the real world and neither should they be on Roblox.

8 Likes

Right, so this is what I suspected.

I can actually tell you exactly where these new settings are, and can confirm that they are completely self-serve and do not require mediation through a customer service representative, because the page in question is quoted directly in your own post, exists today, and I’ve successfully used it in the past to opt-in my open source stuff into Roblox’s public corpus.

It’s this settings page.

I’m happy to give the benefit of the doubt that you genuinely got confused by something here, but can you please double check before making a fuss about things Roblox haven’t announced at all.

13 Likes

Roblox is not a game LOL, it’s like calling Youtube a video, it holds those, but it’s not that.

alot of 18yrs have some good games with passion behind them

6 Likes

I don’t think you get my point @hyde12345678.

4 Likes

please tell me your point im curious

6 Likes

Alright. This page does seem to imply a non-retroactive model, thank you for clearing that up.

8 Likes

E-mail + phone number I assume

6 Likes

disclosing certain personal information to advertising partners to provide a more personalized advertising experience

I thought user ads were getting removed, are intrusive advertisements from off the platform going to replace them? Might be a bit reactionary from me but it seems kind of counterproductive.

6 Likes

Your billing address, gender, and many other things to be able to contact you, including linked socials.

6 Likes

As much as this is a greedy move, the blame should be more on the United States government for not enforcing this. If it’s not illegal, then there’s nothing we can do other than start a political campaign, which I’m definitely not into.

9 Likes

I don’t know what buffoon thinks people want to have their entire game fed to some training algorithm for an AI.

Make this opt-in.

13 Likes