Updating Creator Roadmap - 3 Months Later

Why dont I see the byfron server update, or the alt account detection on this list?

17 Likes

Here we go! Thank you for the update, this has warmed my cold cynical chicken heart :wink:

A roadmap is like a weather report, it’s not much use to us if we just get one a year, even if it’s was a really good one, so the more frequent updates are most welcome.

Plus, these more frequent updates makes it much less of a big deal if things get changed or moved around, imho.

21 Likes

Also thanks for the updates, very helpful!

17 Likes

This is something I am looking forward to. I am glad Roblox has done a roadmap, since it allows us to easily determine what might release in the near future. Now that RDC is in the way, I am really excited for the newest features that might be announced at RDC. Some of the roadmap features that we did get were incredibly useful, such as global wind and the new analytics!

15 Likes

Amazing transparency for a company. Thank you for doing this.

16 Likes

Whoops, little clerical error on our part, we shipped improvements to the Terrain Editor this past quarter. Adjusting grass height is coming soon, stay tuned.

29 Likes

Pure curiosity, what is the root cause for the docking issues? QT is a nightmare but I very well might end up working with it in my career. Might be useful/interesting to know about.

20 Likes

Not really related/on-topic but is there any plan for support for particles/effects for UGC accessories? I think it’d be interesting to see what creators could do with particles/effects to hats and whatnot in the future.

19 Likes

Anti-Cheat - Improving client-side and server-side anti-cheat, and giving you more ways to identify and block cheaters using Byfron’s technology (Live)

I am curious why this one isn’t classified as ongoing. As far as I’m aware, there has been no server-sided anticheat implemented at all (server authoritative humanoid, movement pattern flagging, fly/noclip detection, etc). Can you perhaps expand on what server-side anti-cheat means for us?

17 Likes

Pretty sure it checks for applications injecting stuff into Roblox while the player is playing; so rn it pretty much is locally

14 Likes

That’s not server-side anti-cheat, that’s client-side anti-tamper.

15 Likes

they didnt do anything by serverside except for banning the playey/account by ip when caught

16 Likes

Does a list of things that people at Roblox started working on but then stopped working on, exist as well?

14 Likes

Quite honestly think the roadmap needs to reflect the current stock pricing.

Need to do better for developers.

11 Likes

If you mean byfron anti temper, then you’re wrong, Byfron only bans the user account, not the HWID or IP atm, so all they have to do is make a new account, and then they get unbanned.

11 Likes

I would even argue that it’s crucial for the release of public UGC to be delayed indefinitely until a more future-proof adaptation plan is put in place. It’s a mess already with constant ToS and copyright violations, and it’s not even public yet.

9 Likes

I’m still waiting for this update, I don’t know why It isn’t released yet.

10 Likes

Does Roblox have a plan to provide an additional camera view scene? It it quite hard to maintain and test the custom camera if there is no way to see how it moves or rotates visually.

9 Likes

Ready for more updates! Can we get updates on clouds soon?

9 Likes

Still waiting for the ability to make audio available for everyone to use (or at the very least, the ability to whitelist universes to use audio without needing team-create access)!!

It’s been over a year Roblox! Please fix this!!

11 Likes