Upgraded Materials, Material Manager, and More!

This is a fantastic update to brighten up this week. Really excited to play around with this, and to see the Material Library be extended further. Truly inspirational work!

Is a Tint property planned for SurfaceAppearance?

16 Likes

All we need now is a way to add more terrain styles then the set ammount.

8 Likes

Heads up: Don’t judge the new material pack by only clicking the checkbox. Be sure to adjust color values that properly fit the new materials. Your old values likely won’t match.

Same deal with material type. Don’t be afraid to change them. Limestone might be a better alternative for Sandstone etc.
A lot of this can be done quickly with a script.

43 Likes

The new 2022 materials are amazing! A very big improvement from the last release. The best part is: the rock terrain material actually changes color properly.

Is there any plans to make the material manager adjust to smaller window sizes? Currently, I cannot see more than 2 materials at once because of my computers small screen size.

Also, can we get a keyboard shortcut for applying the material on selected parts?

9 Likes

Correct, it will only apply to newly created places.

17 Likes

Materials, especially fabric, marble, and granite, don’t look so generic anymore. Great job :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Material Manager replaces the old drop-down, and our goal is to make it really easy to apply materials to parts via MM (and more!). Please let us know if you have specific feedback as to workflow friction this adds for you.

10 Likes

I LOVE THIS UPDATE SO MUCH! THANK YOU! :heart: FINALLY!!!

6 Likes

Looks really nice, I practically don’t build but this is a long awated update!

4 Likes

this sheds a tear for my eye… i’ve been waiting so long for this!

4 Likes

Finally! After having an optimized version, I will soon be able to release this in Bloxy Kart before the v4.0 update.

4 Likes

I love the new, clean GUI of the material manager and the new variety of materials. However, it is kind of slowing down my workflow since I have to press two buttons instead of one to apply the new material. Other than that, It’s great :grinning:

6 Likes

As part of the update, we have to regenerate the texture packs of Material Variant. You might want to give it a bit more time and try again. If this is still an issue, please send me DM with your place file so I can investigate. Thank you.

12 Likes

this will help improve the manufacture of infrastructure

3 Likes

Thankyou so much, this is going to be great.

2 Likes

Thanks. Could you share more about your workflow?

5 Likes

One good change for the developers in this year, we are waiting for more!

4 Likes

Can’t imagine building now like seriously wow!

3 Likes

Absolutely love all these changes! Super thankful for adding Organic support for default parts.
Regarding the workflow of applying materials to objects, would it be possible to support a “drag-n-drop” workflow, being able to drag textures directly onto a part? I believe this would simplify the texturing process a lot!

8 Likes

I think the only features left are grass/decoration overhaul and a few more material features.

4 Likes