Upload Custom Materials in the New Material Service Beta

this will help games look less like Roblox and more like a stand alone engine! planning to use this!

2 Likes

partiality sarcasm, I’m sorry if this offend you or any of you guys :sad:

1 Like

Yeah I’m trying to figure out a way to do that. I might have to redo the UV’s.

1 Like

Yeah but that is very lazy as if u have many different rigs u ll remake uv set for each

No? I can just duplicate the rig and use it.

Okay! Update update update! Since I’m extremely impatient for some features to release I was working stuff with this and since I’m in the Mod Manager I already had some of the new material things enabled.

FIRSTLY! Terrain colors are being added and will adapt to the colors in the TerrainColors under terrain.

SECOND! I absolutely love the idea of assigning a part the MaterialVarient (its under the Material Property) (same way you assign attachments) :heart:

THIRDLY! YOU FREAKING LISTENEDDD!!! They’ve added a “TerrainDetail” instance which basically allows us to add the side effect thingy, I currently don’t have it fully enabled but here are a few of the properties

Can’t wait for this update to fully release :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

What does the material pattern do?

The MaterialPattern is pretty much the way the textures generate, Regular being in a tile method whilst Organic being exclusive to terrain will randomize the shape and rotation to generate a seamless never-ending texture.

Organic

Regular

12 Likes

Really hoping that the property gets added to part materials

4 Likes

Really hope they’ll add water textures changing

1 Like

Is the terrain detail option fully functional? How does it work? Is there an extra bunch of slots for textures to put on the side?

3 Likes

This may or may not be related to the update. Is it possible to add grass width and heights customizable options?

3 Likes

Sadly not yet. This sounds like an amazing idea though. The current grass is too cartoony looking for my usual style, so being able to change those properties would be a huge help in getting some more realism.

2 Likes

Sadly that feature isn’t related to this one. The grass update has been left untouched for quite some time. Even when I asked about it in this thread not even the team working on this knows why it was stopped in its current stage of development.

5 Likes

Where is the “TerrainDetail” instance? I can’t find it.

It’s not available yet. You can only get it by messing around with FFlags. I tried doing it last night, but I can’t find the correct flag.

I just enabled all them for materials, it might be SimMaterialsEnabled but I’m not to sure.

2 Likes

please add support for material of smooth terrain water.

1 Like

Is per-part custom materials coming any time soon?

1 Like

This is it, but there’s no timeline…