Upload Custom Materials in the New Material Service Beta

Yeah those are all things I experienced while messing around with it

2 Likes

That is a really cool remake of the original 2006 ROBLOX studs! Good job! :smiley:

2 Likes

It appears in Studio only because it IS a BETA.

2 Likes

I knew but i wanted to make sure.

2 Likes

why is no one talking about this?

11 Likes

pretty swag
a way to remove the random offsets for normalmaps of non-natural surfaces would be nice, and some kind of tiling mitigation for things would be cool as you’d need a very high resolution giant texture for tiling not to be very visible

10 Likes

those look more like smooth dimples than the vertical cylinders, which i guess isn’t really something you can do without parallax mapping
also they’re not supposed to look blurry and segmented like that lol

3 Likes

Don’t know why this happens, but the texture when i apply it to terrain gets a slight shade of green. (The rocks under the track)

The color map I use was made black and white and i’ve tried making it more yellow, but it still looks green. Any help why?

8 Likes

did you check the colors in the terrain property?

What are we looking at here? How is this any different than default material textures not lining up between two parts:

2 Likes

but a plugin called material flip could fix it while in custom materials it it couldnt, and if this is also a problem in normal textures its time to fix it for both custom and standard materials

2 Likes

no idea what you’re talking about, default woodplanks should always allign,
meanwhile if i give woodplanks a custom material they always get randomly misalligned

6 Likes

This is perfect! Now, I can put Tesco all over my place without needing to add the Texture instance!

For real though, this is really useful. I can’t wait to see how people will use this!

5 Likes

Okay, I think I see the difference now, the built-in plank has a starting corner that is predictable.

2 Likes

yes, changing the color won’t affect the terrain texture

1 Like

Which material did you replace? And you’re saying changing the color here does nothing:

So the new terrain materials are still coming? If so, do you have any update on it?

We have enabled TeamCreate support for MaterialService beta. Please let us know if you find any issues related to TeamCreate. Thank you.

13 Likes

Asphalt, and yes it doesn’t do anything when i use the custom terrain.

1 Like

I could make it bright pink and it won’t change