Uploading Asset Image is not authorized

i’m trying to upload an image asset to a game, but it keeps saying its unauthorized. do you guys have any fix for this? i tried doing it with other images but same results.

6 Likes

The same thing is happening to me. The problem started today

2 Likes

yeah, for some reason it works in this one specific studio i have, which is so weird. i copied and pasted the user id that it said it was unauthorized and put it into Roblox’s website, and it gave me a whole different username. no clue why this is happening. also, in another studio, it doesn’t work too. Instead of the user id that I provided in the screenshot, it gave me a whole different user id. very confusing

1 Like

I was trying to import an image asset into an ImageButton and this same message appeared. I’m still going to test with other assets but I believe it’s related to a Beta feature that may have generated a bug. Because my Studio updated as soon as I opened it, this happened

1 Like

hmmm maybe, but for me i haven’t updated studio at all yet. ehhh tbh all we can do is just hope its resolved like tomorrow :face_holding_back_tears:

I did the same thing you did and it really was for a completely random user. As if the owner of the asset was this user. I’m not very good at English so I didn’t understand it very well, but I’ll send you a post they made about a beta feature that may have something to do with this problem we’re having

1 Like

I hope they resolve it as soon as possible too!! :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

me too idk why , roblox pls take action

1 Like

Having the same exact issue, I hope it gets resolved

1 Like

Still isn’t resolved , just encountered the same problem.

Hi, it appears that the issue you’re experiencing is related to Roblox itself and unfortunately we can’t do anything about it until they fix it.

Guys, I managed to find a way to place the image asset!!! I went to the Creator Hub and went to my Creations. After that, I went to Developers Items and selected the images option. I created a Decal with the png I wanted. After that, I copied the ID and pasted it into the ImageButton URL!!

I believe it works with other assets!

2 Likes

yuppp. i also believe you can upload through the asset manager in studio. my friend tried it and it worked for him!

1 Like

This may be related to a recent migration we did with the image upload. Unfortunately our system for switching that back is under maintenance right now, but should be back up later today. I’ll revert it as soon as I can to see if it resolves this issue - will post an update here once it’s done.

In the meantime, please use the workaround shared here, or try uploading the image via the Asset Manager - sorry for the inconvenience!

2 Likes

Update: just unflipped the flag for this - I’m pretty sure this should resolve the issue, but definitely let us know if ya’ll still run into problems with this!

2 Likes

Please refer to this solution (I haven’t read the posts, but there was no marked solution)