Use Custom Class Icons on Script Tabs

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to identify Scripts, LocalScripts, and ModuleScripts in the tab bar when the icons are different there than in the Explorer. Myself and many others use Vanilla Icons by Elttob, which changes the class icons in the Explorer, but not in the tab bar.

The tab bar should pull the script class icons from the same location as the Explorer does.

Tab Bar:

Explorer:

Vanilla Icons makes the 3 types of scripts (Script, LocalScript, ModuleScript) have different colors, whereas the default icons look very similar. Matching the tab bar icons to the explorer icons would make it easier for Vanilla Icons users to distinguish between script types.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because the icons would be consistent across Roblox Studio, and I could distinguish between script types in the tab bar easier.

38 Likes

100% support this - I prefer using custom icons for contrast, so for accessibility and general legibility this would be a huge win.

In general, more support for customisations would be great, even if there aren’t plans to make it a user facing feature anytime soon.

28 Likes