Use Freecam API?

This may not be the appropriate category, although I do believe it falls under support. Moved to #platform-feedback:client-bugs since nobody replied with a solution.

How are we meant to use the Freecam API?

This post expressly states the existence of the following:

However, @evaera brought up an issue that I still have not seen resolved: the API is listed as being exclusively server-side, but the SetCore method is exclusively client-side.

As such, I ask: Have I missed any fix for this? Is it being worked on? Has it been acknowledged by the appropriate engineering team?

Thank you in advance.

6 Likes

Having it only be able to be granted from the server is not the best choice. I hope they change that. An exploiter can easily manipulate their camera in the same way. This isn’t needed.

3 Likes

This if offtopic, but what do you mean? Exploiters inject code client-side, not server-side.

Regardless, if someone could answer my original question, that’d be great.

1 Like

I know. They can make their own “freecam” easily. Roblox making this a server-sided function is not the best decision imo

Moved to Client Bugs as I still have not found a solution for this, so I’m assuming it’s something that needs to be fixed internally. My apologies is my assumptions are wrong.

See:

1 Like