User Acquisition Dashboard for Creator Analytics [Beta]

More stuff to work with, more details about our players! Thanks!

1 Like

This is awesome. I agree with the previous replies that the categories should be more specific. E.g. the “Search & Discovery” should not group together both searching and finding the experience through the games page. There should be separate categories for the different sorts and a single search page category.

As of right now, I can’t seem to change the “Platform” dropdown and its stuck on mobile only.

I glossed over the post mentioning that other platforms won’t be available until next year in my rush to read the post and get back to work. My bad.

2 Likes

Can a category be added for users that join via a Developer Deeplink?

12 Likes

Could we get this for UGC assets too? Lots of creators would love to know if their sales on individual items are coming from the avatar shop, sponsors/ads or in-game sales

3 Likes

I dont appear to have access to this, it just tells me “User does not have permissions on this resource.”
even though i have team create access to the game.

2 Likes

Hi:
Perhaps your team does not turn on the analytics permission for you.
You could refer to this post

If it has been turned on but you still have no access, then maybe your experience is not above 10 DAU for 7 days yet. Please let me know if you still have trouble viewing the data.

3 Likes

The changes of discovery affecting many experiences can be seen in the new analytics. There was a significant search & discovery player loss as soon as November hit that lasted until now. I didn’t know why exactly, but the new analytic chart showed this unexpected behavior. The traffic was more consistent in the previous months. Over 50% of the traffic is just gone out of nowhere.

2 Likes

This brings up some questions. What if a player joins an experience from multiple methods in the same day? (Search, continue, ads, off-platform links, etc.) Would the most recent method be shown or the first action?

Also, I feel it would be better to show that the player actually played the game from search and have a marking to show that the player also saw an ad. A little icon, that when hovered, displays some info or something.

2 Likes

Since they are measuring sessions, not DAU, they will be counted twice.

2 Likes

Needs to be more granular. Wow my players are finding my game from Search and Discovery? Who’d have thought it?

I want to know if they found it through
i) Recently Played / Continue
ii) Friend Activity
iii) My group / profile
iv) Recommended sort on homepage
v) Recommended sort on related game
vi) “Discover” page (and what sort)
vii) Actual search (what search terms?)

This is a start, but it’s miles away from being useful.

Also one of my games has a conversion rate of 21 million percent…

15 Likes

THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT WE’VE NEEDED EVER SINCE THE CREATOR DASHBOARD RELEASED

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Some other sources of user acquisition could include from friends (joining friends, friend sent you the game in the chat on the home page, etc.). I think it’s a big enough source to make it its own thing. In fact, I don’t think the categories should be vague like this, there are soooooooo many ways people can find your game and we need it to be specific so the data can be helpful

again thank you so much this is probably one of the best updates ever

4 Likes

Great addition to the analytics, and will definitely come in handy. However, I wish the details were more specific. For example, I would like to know how many come from player joins, continue playing, recommended, etc.

This is a great feature, but keep working on it! It’s not done yet :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Love to see more data and transparency and hope to see more and more tools in the future! Thank you!

5 Likes

I’m so excited to see this implemented, Great job!

2 Likes

The first version of these reports are limited to mobile traffic. We’ll expand to web and desktop traffic early next year.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll be adding more breakdowns in the coming months, so please stay tuned.

5 Likes

this update is amazing, thank you so much roblox team for adding this.

While this is a great update, Is there any way you can create another way to get our games out to younger demographics (<13), because this really doesn’t help a whole lot for when you market your game to a younger demographic. Thanks!

Hi Daniel:
Do you mind telling us which experience you are seeing this high conversion rate? We will help check if there is any data issue on our side. thanks!

Sessions will be counted multiple times. New users, however, will be attributed to the first funnel they join your experience unless they are in the ads attribution window.

1 Like