User Acquisition Dashboard for Creator Analytics [Beta]

this update is amazing, thank you so much roblox team for adding this.

While this is a great update, Is there any way you can create another way to get our games out to younger demographics (<13), because this really doesn’t help a whole lot for when you market your game to a younger demographic. Thanks!

Hi Daniel:
Do you mind telling us which experience you are seeing this high conversion rate? We will help check if there is any data issue on our side. thanks!

Sessions will be counted multiple times. New users, however, will be attributed to the first funnel they join your experience unless they are in the ads attribution window.

1 Like

We understood you’d like more detailed breakdowns. Could you share the different types of actions you may take if there are categories like Search, Sorts, Recommendations, etc.?

2 Likes

This is a phenomenal update that will provide a lot of value for my team. Excited to see how it evolves over time. I’d love to see a more detailed breakdown on sources, especially better understanding what percentage of players are coming from following their friends vs. coming through the algorithm driven pages. Also, a lot of our returning users are coming from “Other (unknown)” so I’m quite curious what that is.

The conversion rate chart has a lot of potential for enabling devs to optimize icons, thumbnails, and experience title translations. Though it will be difficult to differentiate positive results from seasonality. AB testing icons and evaluating conversion rate that way would be a real gamechanger.

Understanding click through rate for deep links would be helpful too, especially once deep links are working reliably across all platforms and out of beta.

Super promising developments, can’t wait to take full advantage of this page!

10 Likes

May be through external links, though it’s not likely.

The User Acquisition Dashboard will be a very helpful tool indeed. However, it would be interesting to see the Search & Discovery (S&D) category broken down even more. For example, traffic from home page, specific sorts, search, and recommended for you.

Two of my experiences are on the learn & explore sort, however one of my experiences has much higher ‘Search & Discovery’ impressions than the other, hence it would be very insightful to understand how many players are directly from the sort itself.

In my opinion the Search & Discovery (S&D) doesn’t actually provide much information if it isn’t broken down as described above.

Other than that, everything else is superb. I hope you consider this feedback. Thank you very much!

Sure! It’s happening to these two:

The first doesn’t have the large % anymore but has the same shaped graph as the second one which does

I would say low search impressions could mean that you need a change in mostly the title, perhaps description. A low sort throughput means that you could try to find what other experiences in that sort have in the thumbnail or title that you do not. Recommendations is a bit harder to pinpoint, but if it changes a lot throughout updates, it might give a greater insight in what the algorithm that dictates this is looking for.

Passive vs active acquisitions would be a start.

A few weeks ago my visits went up by nearly 10x. Even with this new information available I am no closer to understanding why that is. It just says Search & Discovery. Could I have leveraged this better if I had further information? Depends where the traffic was coming from.

If I am receiving high sort and recommended impressions but low page visits it could be a sign my icon or name needs work. Getting high visits through these would make me more inclined to sponsor my game as it’s a sign that people who aren’t actively seeking my game out are interested in what is being displayed to them currently.

Being able to see the specific part of the site people are coming from can also help us judge just how effective these parts of the website are. We can see if it is worth our time trying for a new sort, or how many people are returning by chance by seeing it on continue or by actively seeking the game out to play again.

High active acquisitions (ie. people actively searching for the name of my game in search) being included in the same category remove any sort of relevance these figures have. If people are searching for the name of my game to find it then it would be obvious that sorts are having no effect on my game.

Seeing the terms that bring people to my game would also be handy. Like on Youtube:

It could help me judge what sort of people are visiting my game. If a lot of people searching for tycoons are clicking on my game perhaps I should highlight those features of my game. It can also help with research for future games.

Being able to see external referrals to the game would also help (I don’t think this is included in the information at all at the moment), as well as the website they originated from. Are people landing on my game page from some social media promo I did? Or is it a youtubers video?

There is never a downside to extra granularity, just extra transparency and more opportunities for leveraging the data.

6 Likes

Would be nice if there was a way to see what players came from other specific websites, like if you promote your game on Youtube or Tiktok and they come from a link in your bio

On your final sentence, I think more transparency is a downside for Roblox. It will give insight in the algorithm. So they need to balance it is my guess; as a dev, there is no downside and I would love to get the things you mention.

This says I’m getting a decent amount of plays from Cross-Experience teleports. As far as I know I’ve not linked up to any of those in my games - What do you think is the source? What other game would be yeeting players into my game?

Also wow, this is really giving me an even more clear picture that Sponsored ads are having a really rough time lately. So little sourced from such expensive ads… A bit off topic but I’ve noticed a lot of games around my size having significantly lower playercounts, is roblox struggling with players lately?

1 Like

As the other posts have said, this was a MUCH NEEDED and long overdo update that FINALLY changes the entirety of Roblox development

I’ve ALWAYS wondered how players are finding my game. Now I finally got the answers for that, and any other projects I have and will create. And this isn’t just me. This will certainly help quite a lot of people on the Roblox development spectrum, and I expect it to be a very helpful feature for not just me, but Roblox developers as a whole.

This is a very major Roblox W, and I can’t thank the development teams behind this enough for one of the biggest updates for Roblox developers in modern times

1 Like

Hey!
This is a great update and I have been looking forward for this feature for the longest time…
but… there’s something i’m not understanding…

I looked into our statistics of our game Trenches, and it shows a few of our results as “Cross Experience Teleport”, we dont have any other games / places that we use to teleport to our game

Gotcha, I think the impression to game detail page CVR will give you an idea if you need to work on icons and names.

You probably need to have more insights such as the keywords that lead to your search impressions, and the rankings, to make the split of S&D actionable, correct?

I helped checked your data and all things are looking normal. The rate is at a reasonable range. Do you mind clean the history or using another browser to take a look to see if the issue is gone?
At least for the two experiences you provide there is nothing wrong.

It would be useful to know who is joining from invitations from friends, because some games implement some sort of reward system for players playing with friends, and it would be useful to know the impacts of changes to the reward system.

Grouping all external traffic isn’t ideal. I’d like to see the impact of TikTok marketing is on my game, and I’d like to see the impact of my TikTok account’s marketing in particular, so granularity would be ideal. Same with Twitter and Youube.

1 Like

Including active pathways with the passive ones skews the currently available data though.

Yeah, something similar to the screenshot I posted from Youtube

1 Like